Sustain pedal to hold momentry button (s)

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
Spitfirelive

Hi All

Looked around for an answer to this but would it be possible to use the sustain pedal of a midi keyboard to hold momentry (flash) buttons on whilst pressed?

I think this would be amazing for busking.

Thanks

Ben
Yestalgia

Hey Ben,

Without knowing the specifics of your controller I can only speculate but I believe the answer is yes. Please provide more details if you can.

Cheers
MichelSliepenbeek

If you own a sustain pedal that is connected to your Midi Keyboard and your Midi Keyboard is capable of sending MIDI over USB (direct or using a MIDI to USB converter cable), you only need to connect your Midi Keyboard with a USB cable to the computer QLC+ is running on.
You can expect to receive a Control Change 64 (value 127 when presssed, value 000 when released) from your Midi Keyboard, but you can also use the "Auto Detect Function" in QLC+.
(Be aware that QLC+ converts Midi value 127 to 255).

If you do not already own a Sustain Pedal (which basicaly is a momentary Switch with 1/4 inch Jack Cable), do not already own a Midi Keyboard and do not already own a MIDI to USB converter cable, it will be easier (cheaper) to go for a USB Footswitch (like: https://www.amazon.nl/PCsensor-Industri ... 93&sr=8-11

The USB FootSwitch will act as a specific key on your PC keyboard.
You might start with using the space bar from your PC keyboard as External Control for a Button, to learn if it is usefull for busking.
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"