Show Usage / Preview

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
charliem

Not sure if this a user or software problem! So I am after some advice.

Use Case:
My wife is singer with a small show including lighting which we tour around local venues. I run QLC on a Pi4 with an HD DAC Hat, mounted in a rack mount with most of the other equipment. The PI outputs the backing audio and DMX (via an Entec interface) in sync.

Set Up:

I have a Show for each song. Theres 2 audio tracks, the backing and a "reference vocal" which is muted for performances but helps me design the show. Theres also several lighting tracks, one for each set of fixtures although the moving heads have 6 (colour, position, gobos etc). I have built functions for each fixture, some Scenes, some Sequences and Effects.

Each Show track (apart from the audio) consists of a single Chaser which I manually set the length of each step. Doing it this way seems to work. However its quite time consuming figuring out how long each step needs to be and I can't drag items on the timeline. However this seemed to cure some issues I was having. However the problem I have is that whilst the show preview seeks inside the audio it doesn't inside the chasers. So the audio plays from the cursor but the lighting cues play from the beginning every time. This makes previewing the end of the song very time consuming / boring!

Is there a better way to use the show function or away to make everything preview from the cursor as expected?

Thanks

Charlie M