Diy Web interface doesn't have feedback until connected thru qlc+ webserver

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
macledefa

Hi Everyone !

I try to design my own web interface using the websocket API.

I code in local, with the html, css and js files on my computer. I just have taken the virtualconsole.js and the websocket.js files from github.

Here is my problem : When I try my diy interface, I don't have feedback like faders position, buttons on or off UNTIL I connect to the QLC+ webserver (by searching 127.0.0.1:9999 in my browser).

I'm pretty sure It's a problem of "hanshake" or something like that, because the log does have a lot more WebAccess::slotHandleRequest when I connect to the webserver than when I launch my own interface ( I only get Websocket Handshake)

Does someone have an idea of how to fix that ?

Thank you !
Yestalgia

For any chance of getting help with this I suggest you post a github link so we can talke a look at the code at least.

Are you saying that your "DIY" interface can trigger scenes, but won't get feedback until you access the bundled QLC+ web interface from your browser?

Cheers
macledefa

Thank you for your reply.
Yestalgia wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:35 pm Are you saying that your "DIY" interface can trigger scenes, but won't get feedback until you access the bundled QLC+ web interface from your browser?
Yes it's exactly that ! When I move the fader in my web interface , the slider in QLC+ move but when I move the slider in QLC+, the slider on the webpage doesn't move. Even for the buttons, when I press the button on the web interface the scene in QLC+ activate but I don't get the green border around my button.
All of this magically work when I acces the web interface generated by QLC+

I don't think Github is the right place to share this work , as it is a really sketchy prototype, but here you can see my html script :

Code: Select all

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
	<head>
		<meta charset="utf-8"/>
		<title>DIY Web interface</title>
		<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="style.css"/>
		<script type="text/javascript" src="virtualconsole.js"></script>
		<script type="text/javascript" src="websocket.js"></script>
		<script type="text/javascript"></script>
	</head>
	<body>
		<div class="first">
			<div style="weidth: 100%; height: 100%; position: relative;">
			<input class="slider" type="range" id="5" oninput="slVchange(5);" ontouchmove="slVchange(5);" name="Slider 1" step="1" value="0" min="0" max="190" style="left: 6vw; top: 42vw;" required>
			<a class="vcbutton" id="10" href="javascript:void(0);" onmousedown="buttonPress(10);" onmouseup="buttonRelease(10);" style="left: 3.6vw; top: 43.5vw;">Button 1</a>			
			<input class="slider" type="range" id="6" oninput="slVchange(6);" ontouchmove="slVchange(6);" name="Slider 2" step="1" value="0" min="0" max="190" style="left: 12vw; top: 42vw;" required>
			<a class="vcbutton" id="11" href="javascript:void(0);" onmousedown="buttonPress(11);" onmouseup="buttonRelease(11);" style="left: 9.6vw; top: 43.5vw;">Button 2</a>
			<input class="slider" type="range" id="7" oninput="slVchange(7);" ontouchmove="slVchange(7);" name="Slider 3" step="1" value="0" min="0" max="190" style="left: 18vw; top: 42vw;" required>
			<a class="vcbutton" id="12" href="javascript:void(0);" onmousedown="buttonPress(12);" onmouseup="buttonRelease(12);" style="left: 15.6vw; top: 43.5vw;">Button 3</a>
			<input class="slider" type="range" id="8" oninput="slVchange(8);" ontouchmove="slVchange(8);" name="Slider 4" step="1" value="0" min="0" max="190" style="left: 24vw; top: 42vw;" required>
			<a class="vcbutton" id="13" href="javascript:void(0);" onmousedown="buttonPress(13);" onmouseup="buttonRelease(13);" style="left: 21.6vw; top: 43.5vw;">Button 4</a>
			<input class="slider" type="range" id="9" oninput="slVchange(9);" ontouchmove="slVchange(9);" name="Slider 5" step="1" value="0" min="0" max="190" style="left: 30vw; top: 42vw;" required>
			<a class="vcbutton" id="14" href="javascript:void(0);" onmousedown="buttonPress(14);" onmouseup="buttonRelease(14);" style="left: 27.6vw; top: 43.5vw;">Button 5</a>
			<input class="slider" type="range" id="0" oninput="slVchange(0);" ontouchmove="slVchange(0);" name="Slider 6" step="1" value="0" min="0" max="190" style="left: 36vw; top: 42vw;" required>
			<a class="vcbutton" id="1" href="javascript:void(0);" onmousedown="buttonPress(1);" onmouseup="buttonRelease(1);" style="left: 33.6vw; top: 43.5vw;">Button 6</a>
			</div>
		</div>
	</body>
</html>

For the javascript files, I've got them from the QLC+ github repo :
https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus/b ... bsocket.js
https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus/b ... console.js

I've just made a small change to l.26 of websocket.js, from " var url = "ws://" + window.location.host + "/qlcplusWS"; " to " var url = "ws://127.0.0.1:9999/qlcplusWS"; "

As you can see I'm fairly new to coding webpage, so I was very proud to get this little bit working but It's so frustrating that I need to open and close the QLC+ webserver for it to work and I'm not able with my little webpage knowledge to understand why !
spinne

Hi,
only with changing the WS-URL in the source, your not finished. You have to connect to that websocket.
What does your buttonPress(int) do? But the HTML alone is useles. Provide a full working code, that someone can reproduce it. Github or something :-)

Holger
Yestalgia

macledefa wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:46 pm Thank you for your reply.
Yestalgia wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:35 pm Are you saying that your "DIY" interface can trigger scenes, but won't get feedback until you access the bundled QLC+ web interface from your browser?
I don't think Github is the right place to share this work , as it is a really sketchy prototype, but here you can see my

...As you can see I'm fairly new to coding webpage, so I was very proud to get this little bit working but It's so frustrating that I need to open and close the QLC+ webserver for it to work and I'm not able with my little webpage knowledge to understand why !
GitHub is every sketchy prototypes best friend, it allows you to share the full project and collaborate with others.

Love that you're getting started with QLC+ and development in general.

Learn the absolute basics of Git and you'll be up and running on GitHub in no time.

Then we can help you better!
macledefa

Thank for the replies, I've made a github repository.

You can find it here : https://github.com/macledefa/Diy-QLC-We ... /tree/main
spinne wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:19 pm What does your buttonPress(int) do?
In the virtualconsole.js file, I've found :

function buttonPress(id) {
 websocket.send(id + "|255");
}
I might be wrong but I think i need to trigger the feedback from QLC+ in some way because my code is working fine once I open the webserver, I get the feedback and everything. Even If i'm just opening the webserver and closing it right after.

To remove as much code error from my webpage as possible, I tested the websocket connection with the "WebSocket Test Client" Chrome extension using these steps :
- I launch my QLC+ project using the --web Command-Line Parameters
- I connect to ws://127.0.0.1:9999/qlcplusWS using the "WebSocket Test Client" Chrome extension (it showed me "OPENED")
- I move a slider in the QLC+ app virtual console and get no Websocket message in the chrome extension
- I connect to the QLC+ Webserver by searching "127.0.0.1:9999" in the chrome browser
- I , directly after opening it, close the QLC+ webserver
- I move the slider in QLC+ app Virtual Console and get Websocket feedback message in the chrome extension

I may need to send a special request to QLC+ Webserver to enable Websocket feedback message ?
macledefa

I managed to get it working !

So I was searching thru the https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus/b ... n.cpp#L354 file, and at line 336 , I found :

QHttpConnection *QHttpConnection::enableWebSocket(bool enable)
{
    m_isWebSocket = enable;
    m_pollTimer = new QTimer(this);
    m_pollTimer->setInterval(5000);

connect(m_pollTimer, SIGNAL(timeout()),
            this, SLOT(slotWebSocketPollTimeout()));

m_pollTimer->start();
    return this;
}
I don't fully understand this code ( it seems like it try to poll the websocketevery 5 seconds ? ) but this means (to me) that there is a "enable websocket" boolean that need to be true to have proper bidirectional websocket communication.

So, to trigger it, I simply send a HTTP GET request to the QLC+ server in my code and finally my DIY webinterface is working directly !

Thank you guys !