QLC+ 4.13.0 release

Public announcements of new QLC+ releases.

PLEASE, do not post bugs and issues here !
mcallegari

Hi everyone.
So many changes have gone into QLC+ in the last months that we decided to call this 4.13.0!
QLC+ 4.13.0 is a significant update that brings numerous improvements and new features to enhance your lighting control. This release marks a major leap forward for QLC+, introducing advanced I/O Profile capabilities, better support, and significant optimizations. Below are the key changes and improvements:
  • Enhanced Features: Improved 16-bit Support: Enhanced support for 16-bit channels, providing finer control and smoother transitions for your lighting fixtures.
    Please note that relative EFX will work if a Scene + EFX are running in a Collection or with buttons activated together in the Virtual Console. To fully support 16bit if a position Scene is started and then stopped, a relative EFX will no longer work as before.
  • Profile Editor and Feedback Panel: The input profile editor and feedback panel have been upgraded with new features, including color and channel selection, making it easier to manage
  • Web Access Animation Widget: Web access to the animation widget has been added, offering more creative possibilities for controlling and synchronizing your lighting effects remotely! (thanks to Itay Lifshitz, sponsored by Yestalgia)
  • Documentation Update: The documentation is no longer bundled with the software. We're diligently working to provide a downloadable PDF version of the documentation website to assist you better.
  • Windows Build Now 64-bit: Moving forward, the Windows build of QLC+ will be exclusively 64-bit, ensuring better performance and compatibility with modern systems.
  • Bundled Fixture Definitions: This release comes with 1520 bundled fixture definitions, broadening the array of lighting fixtures you can control with QLC+.
Raspberry Pi Support

Raspberry Pi 5 Support: QLC+ 4.13.0 introduces support for Raspberry Pi 5, alongside continued support for Raspberry Pi 3, 4, 400, and Zero 2W, offering more options for your lighting control setups.
64-bit Image and Debian Package: The release includes a 64-bit image and Debian package, based on Debian 12 Bookworm (kernel 6.6), enhancing performance and compatibility across supported Raspberry Pi models.

We're super excited to bring these updates to the QLC+ community and look forward to seeing how they enhance your lighting projects. As always, we appreciate your feedback and contributions that help us improve QLC+.

Join Us:

Your support and involvement are what drive this project forward. If you appreciate QLC+, consider contributing in any way you can, be it through feedback, participation in our forums, or donations. Every bit helps us illuminate the future of lighting control together.

Thank you for your continued support.

Complete changelog
  • engine: fix Chaser random startup (thanks to Dennis Suermann)
  • engine: do not fade out looped audio
  • engine: further rework to properly handle 16bit fading
  • engine: fix stopping audio with fade in and fade out while fading in
  • engine: new EFX algorithm: SquareTrue (thanks to Justin Hornsby)
  • engine: handle 'string' and 'float' types in RGB Scripts
  • UI: save the geometry of all the dialogs (thanks to Nils Tijtgat)
  • UI: add color lookup table to input profiles and a dedicated dialog for custom feedback
  • Virtual Console/Slider: fix switching from playback to submaster mode
  • Virtual Console/Slider: fix submaster @0 not affecting function intensity
  • Virtual Console/XY Pad: fix Scene preset controlling wrong channels
  • Virtual Console/Clock: fix running a schedule the day after
  • Virtual Console/Button: Scene flashing can force LTP and override (thanks to Dennis Suermann)
  • Virtual Console/Button: add monitoring feedback value to custom feedback (thanks to ditcheshurt)
  • Virtual Console/Cue List: fix off by one offset error in steps mode (thanks to kpr0th)
  • Virtual Console/Audio Triggers: fix attached VC Slider not updating values
  • Virtual Console/Audio Triggers: fix loading a project with DMX bars with no channels set
  • Virtual Console/Audio Triggers: fix enable button feedback to external controllers
  • Plugins/ArtNet: add default standard transmission mode as per protocol specifications
  • Plugins/ArtNet,E1.31,OSC: add a parameter to wait for interfaces to be ready
  • Plugins/DMX USB: add support for DMXKing MAX products
  • Plugins/DMX USB: FTDI USB device no longer disappear after closing QLC+ on Linux
  • Fixture Editor: fix aliases not updated when renaming a mode
  • Web Access: add support for Cue List side fader and buttons layout (thanks to Itay Lifshitz)
  • Web Access: add support for Cue List note editing (thanks to Itay Lifshitz)
  • Web Access: add support for Slider knob appearance (thanks to Itay Lifshitz)
  • Web Access: add support for VC Frame disable button (thanks to Itay Lifshitz)
  • Web Access: add Virtual Console Animation widget support (thanks to Itay Lifshitz)
  • Web Access: add Virtual Console Grand Master (thanks to Itay Lifshitz)
  • Web Access: add event to notify Function start/stop
  • Input profiles: added PMJ 9 Faders Controller, Circus and MidiKey
  • Input profiles: added Worlde Easypad.12 (thanks to Christoph Müllner)
  • Input profiles: added Worlde Orca PAD16
New fixtures:
  • New fixture: Ibiza Mini Moving Star Wash (thanks to Chris Shucksmith)
  • New fixtures: FOS Technologies IQ Par, IQ 28x12 Wash, Iridium 75W Spot (thanks to Maurizio Aru)
  • New fixture: Varytec Hero Spot 60 (thanks to Hans-Jürgen Tappe)
  • New fixture: beamZ BAC503 (thanks to archlinette)
  • New fixtures: Cameo Flat Pro 7, 12 and 18 (thanks to Janosch Frank)
  • New fixtures: Eurolite LED TMH-X4, lightmaXX Vector ARC Flood II (thanks to Tolmino Muccitelli)
  • New fixtures: Cameo Q-Spot 40 RGBW, Varytec LED PAR 14x8W, Varytec LED Typhoon PAR Outdoor (12x10) (thanks to Jochen Becker)
  • New fixtures: Audibax Iowa 70, Pro-Lights CromoWash100 (thanks to Cristian)
  • New fixtures: Showtec Spectral M1000 Q4, Showtec Kanjo Wash RGB (thanks to Michel Sliepenbeek)
  • New fixtures: Laserworld CS-1000RGB Mk3, Chauvet Gobozap (thanks to Federico)
  • New fixture: Eurolite LED Bar 2 RGBA 252/10 40° Indoor (thanks to Edgar Aichinger)
  • New fixture: Rockville Battery Strip 24 (thanks to Ryan Lindsey)
  • New fixture: beamZ LCB244 (thanks to Bjorn Roesbeke)
  • New fixture: Involight NL410 (thanks to Vorona)
  • New fixture: Flash-Butrym LED PAR 64 7x10W RGBW (thanks to Paolo Betti)
  • New fixture: Eurolite LED KLS-180 (thanks to Claudio Filieri)
  • New fixture: Shehds LED Flat Par 7x18W RGBWA+UV (thanks to Tiago)
  • New fixtures: Martin Atomic 3000 LED, Ayrton NandoBeam S3 (thanks to Yestalgia)
  • New fixture: lightmaXX Vega Arc Pro II MkII (thanks to João Gonçalves)
  • New fixture: Shehds LED Flat Par 18x18W RGBWA+UV (thanks to Santiago Benejam)
  • New fixture: Eurolite TMH-15 (thanks to Nicolas Rasor)
  • New fixtures: Shehds JMS WEBB LED Wash Big Bee Eye 19X40W, LED 230W Beam Moving Head (thanks to István Király, Feiyu Shehds)
  • New fixture: Shehds GalaxyJet Waterproof IP65 380W 19R Beam Moving Head (thanks to István Király, Feiyu Shehds)
  • New fixture: Martin Ego X6 (thanks to Michael Tosatto)
  • New fixture: Blizzard Lighting LB Hex Unplugged (thanks to David Sparks)
  • New fixtures: Eurolite LED Strobe SMD PRO 132 DMX RGB, Briteq BT Theatre HD2, Eurolite KLS-180-6, BoomToneDJ KUB 500 RGB (thanks to Fede79)
  • New fixture: Eurolite LED PLL-480 CW/WW (thanks to Benjamin Drung)
  • New fixture: Robe Spiider (thanks to Nicolò)
  • New fixture: Betopper LB230 (thanks to Viktor)
  • New fixtures: EK R3 Wash, Chauvet Intimidator Spot 475ZX, Chauvet Intimidator Wash Zoom 450 IRC (thanks to Harrison Bostock)
  • New fixtures: Varytec Typhoon True Kid 720Z RGBW IP65, Showtec Performer 2000 RGBAL (thanks to Clément Delabroye)
  • New fixtures: Showtec LED Par 64 Short V2, Bright XBAR (thanks to Øystein Steimler)
  • New fixtures: AFX CLUB-MIX3 19x10W RGBW, Eurolite LED Theatre COB 200 RGB+WW (thanks to Florian Faber)
  • New fixture: Chauvet COLORado Batten 72x (thanks to Greg Perrone)
  • New fixtures: Talent SSL2, Cameo P2 FC
  • New fixture: Tecshow Nebula 6 (thanks to Federico)
  • New fixture: beamZ Radical II (thanks to Matt Muller)
  • New fixtures: Eurolite LED PARty TCL spot, Expolite TourSpot 50 Mini, Fun Generation LED Pot 12x1W QCL RGB WW (thanks to Christian Prison)
  • New fixtures: Chauvet COLORband Q3BT, Shehds LED Beam+Wash 19x15W RGBW Zoom (thanks to Paul Schuh)
  • New fixtures: Eliminator Lighting Stealth Beam and Stealth Wash Zoom Lighting (thanks to Paul Schuh)
  • New fixture: Varytec Blitz Bar 240 (thanks to Stefan Lohmann)
  • New fixture: Eurolite LED KLS Scan Pro Next FX Light (thanks to Kevin)
  • New fixtures: Elumen8 MP 60 Mk1, MP 60 Mk2, MP 120 (thanks to Keith Baker)
  • New fixture: Elation Paladin (thanks to Nicholas Harvey)
  • New fixtures: Acme Oxygen, Dotline180, Dotline260 and Super Dotline, Chauvet Intimidator Spot Duo 155 (thank to Michael Tosatto)
  • New fixtures: Laserworld EL-900RGB, Chauvet COLORdash Par-Quad 18, Event Lighting StrobeX and StrobeX RGB (thank to Michael Tosatto)
  • New fixture: Chauvet Wash FX Hex (thanks to Clément Delabroye)
  • New fixture: Shehds Wash Zoom LED 36x18W RGBWA+UV (thanks to Ioannis Iliopoulos)
  • New fixture: UKing ZQ-02319 (thanks to Mike Ubl)
  • New fixtures: DTS Jack, Robe LEDBeam 350 (thanks to Tomas Hastings)
MrFrodoh

Great! Thank you, Massimo!
maartenvd84

Thanks, appreciated!
That dude that enjoys the lightshow more than the actual concert :-) . Beginner QLC+ user.
DavidGrc

Thank you !!! I hope i can test it soon :D
edogawa

This is great, but where are the binary packages/installers? the Download page still points at 4.12.7

I have updated the qlcplus-qt5 package builds at our OBS project, so Arch, Ubuntu, openSUSE and Fedora builds are ready.

I'm waiting for the Git version to be raised to 4.13.1-GIT or whatever, so I can update also the OBS qlcplus-qt5-git packages.
Yestalgia

This release is absolutely massive!!!!!!!
mcallegari

edogawa wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:10 am This is great, but where are the binary packages/installers? the Download page still points at 4.12.7
Just reload the download page. You might have an old copy cached by your browser
I'm waiting for the Git version to be raised to 4.13.1-GIT or whatever, so I can update also the OBS qlcplus-qt5-git packages.
Will do tomorrow
edogawa

I had refreshed the page and still saw the 4.12.7 packages when I wrote this... but at some point yesterday it updated, when I checked in the afternoon it was OK.

Thanks
dvthomas

Hello
Thanks a lot for this new update. Good job :-)
TheSunButt

>Windows Build Now 64-bit: Moving forward, the Windows build of QLC+ will be exclusively 64-bit, ensuring better performance and compatibility with modern systems.
Why not provide alternative x86 build? It would be great.
Last edited by TheSunButt on Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheSunButt

>Documentation Update: The documentation is no longer bundled with the software.
Don't quite understand how come this is improvement, tbh. Sorry if offending.
Yestalgia

TheSunButt wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:19 am >Documentation Update: The documentation is no longer bundled with the software.
Don't quite understand how come this is improvement, tbh. Sorry if offending.
Not offending at all, the documentation is now provided in a separate repo which syncs with the docs website.

My number 1 task at the moment is to generate a PDF version which might get included as part of the release in future.

Thanks for the comment.
gmint

First of all, GREAT to see a new update! However, with respect to this:
mcallegari wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:07 pm
  • Enhanced Features: Improved 16-bit Support: Enhanced support for 16-bit channels, providing finer control and smoother transitions for your lighting fixtures.
    Please note that relative EFX will work if a Scene + EFX are running in a Collection or with buttons activated together in the Virtual Console. To fully support 16bit if a position Scene is started and then stopped, a relative EFX will no longer work as before.
perhaps I'm not understanding what is supposed to work and what is not. For example, I have a collection which includes (among other things) a chase of several scenes that define positions as well as a relative FX. Although the scenes work as expected, the relative chase no longer functions. From the way I read this, this should be expected to work. Am I wrong about that? MacOS for this particular issue.
GGGss

gmint wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:49 pm First of all, GREAT to see a new update! However, with respect to this:
perhaps I'm not understanding what is supposed to work and what is not. For example, I have a collection which includes (among other things) a chase of several scenes that define positions as well as a relative FX. Although the scenes work as expected, the relative chase no longer functions. From the way I read this, this should be expected to work. Am I wrong about that? MacOS for this particular issue.
Where does the EFX live inside the collection? To work in relative mode, the EFX now needs a position scene. If the EFX lives above the position scene inside your collection, one might expect something wrong.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
gmint

GGGss wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:53 am
gmint wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:49 pm First of all, GREAT to see a new update! However, with respect to this:
Where does the EFX live inside the collection? To work in relative mode, the EFX now needs a position scene. If the EFX lives above the position scene inside your collection, one might expect something wrong.
I'm aware of the behavior you mention but I don't believe this is the issue because everything worked fine prior to this release.
GGGss

Start a new thread please.
Send in your project there. The 16b engine needs an entirely relative reference point.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
gmint

GGGss wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:36 pm Start a new thread please.
Send in your project there. The 16b engine needs an entirely relative reference point.
Will do. My apologies on that, I didn't realize I should have posted this as a bug instead of this thread.
ShagLight

I just ran my show with 4.13.0 this weekend for 2 nights in a row and was able to really put it through it's paces. I was previously using 4.11.2. After changing quite a few things it worked pretty much flawlessly with the exception of a few minor things, which I'll be posting in other threads. I know a lot has changed in 4.13.0 since 4.11.2, so I'm still making adjustments.

But overall I love it! Thanks as always to all involved!
NO, I AM NOT THE SOUNDMAN!