4.13.0 it doesn't start

Generic issues not specifically related to a QLC+ area.
Post here only if you can't really find the reason of an issue
animus81

Good morning everyone, I'm animus81 and I use QLC+ for some work with musical bands or various plays.
Wonderful program, up until version 4.12.7 I never had any major problems.
My biggest compliments to all the staff.
Today I downloaded the latest version 413.0, after installation, I inserted the USB-DMX and when starting the program unfortunately it didn't start.
By removing the USB interface the program starts but obviously I can't work with it.
I tried with another laptop also with Windows 11 and it gave me the same problem.
What can I do to fix it?
Thanks in advance for everything
:geek: :?
Imparare è la più bella cosa di questa vita: o impari con le buone o con le cattive! :idea:
Col mio spettacolo teatrale feci ben due anni di repliche, aspettando che qualcuno venisse a vederlo. (MixMic76, Twitter) 8-)
kenact

What USB DMX unit are you using? Do you have the latest drivers for that unit?
animus81

Driver aggiornato FTDI
Attachments
Screenshot_20240326_203122_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Imparare è la più bella cosa di questa vita: o impari con le buone o con le cattive! :idea:
Col mio spettacolo teatrale feci ben due anni di repliche, aspettando che qualcuno venisse a vederlo. (MixMic76, Twitter) 8-)
animus81

I may have found a solution.
the USB-DMX controller when the driver is installed creates 2 devices: 1. in USB controller (universal serial bus) and is called USB serial converter
2. in Ports (Com and LPT) and it is called USB serial port (com 4)

I just had to uninstall the port driver (com 4) and then upon recognition disable the device and everything works again
animus81

animus81 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:20 pm I may have found a solution.
the USB-DMX controller when the driver is installed creates 2 devices: 1. in USB controller (universal serial bus) and is called USB serial converter
2. in Ports (Com and LPT) and it is called USB serial port (com 4)

I just had to uninstall the port driver (com 4) and then upon recognition disable the device and everything works again
I noticed something else.
After I have solved the problem on the first computer in the way I described above, I turn on the second computer to do the same process and activate the QLC+ software before deactivating the device and... everything works!
:shock: :shock: :shock:

I sincerely hope that the solution I found is at least stable and also that there are no problems on the second computer.

Greetings to everyone and thanks for listening :)