Blackout does not work in Windows 11

The issues found when using the Function Manager panel
rpl

I am using QLC+ v 4.13.0 with Enttec DMX USB MK2. I have used QLC and the Enttec on several Windows 10 machines without issue, but I am having an issue on a Windows 11 machine where the Blackout button does not work. Otherwise, the software functions fine, but even after un and reinstalling, the blackout button does nothing.
Yestalgia

There has been a change to the behaviour of Blackout since 4.12.7 and you'll need to review the release notes.

Basically we've wanted blackout to only work on HTP (Highest takes priority) channels for ages. One of the big reasons being that blackout would spin all moving heads back to their 0,0 position.

Like all other lighting software, the functionality of the blackout is now exactly what it says. Black out the stage.
giacomo

I saw myself the same issue on the v5 build, it's should be fixed now:
https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus/issues/1533
CoS2000

I can confirm that the blackout button has no effect. I have several moving heads with HTP channels on the dimmer. If I now pull the dimmer to 255 (full light) and then switch to blackout, nothing happens. You can also see in the DMX monitor that nothing changes.

Another question: I have 4 moving heads where the dimmer channels are reversed, i.e. 255 is off and 0 is full light. With a blackout on HTP channels, the dimmer should therefore go to 255 and not to 0! Could this be set somewhere so that QLC+ knows this...

I use Version 4.13.0 on Lubuntu! (Linux)!

Best regards
crackley

I am experiencing similar issues with Blackout on QLC+ 4.13.0 on Ubuntu 22.04.4. When I hit blackout all of my RBG fixture go black but my everything that is a generic dimmer stays lit. I can confirm that they are all set to HTP.
kenact

CoS2000 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:18 pm Another question: I have 4 moving heads where the dimmer channels are reversed, i.e. 255 is off and 0 is full light. With a blackout on HTP channels, the dimmer should therefore go to 255 and not to 0! Could this be set somewhere so that QLC+ knows this...
What make and model fixtures are you using?
crackley

Update. I have discovered that if I adjust the Grand Master at all, every fixture that was not obeying the Blackout will update to the correct state.
CoS2000

kenact wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:25 pm
CoS2000 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:18 pm Another question: I have 4 moving heads where the dimmer channels are reversed, i.e. 255 is off and 0 is full light. With a blackout on HTP channels, the dimmer should therefore go to 255 and not to 0! Could this be set somewhere so that QLC+ knows this...
What make and model fixtures are you using?
I use the correct fixture. But you can configure on Hardware side, that 255 is light out and 0 ist light on. All my shows are programmed in this state of setting now. Its to much work to program all new.
MichelSliepenbeek

Could this be set somewhere so that QLC+ knows this...
You could use a Channel Modifier, in this situation: Invert.
Check the manual: https://docs.qlcplus.org/v4/fixture-man ... properties
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"