How can I control faders with MIDI

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
Oddologist

I'm controlling my entire light show with MIDI from Reaper. This allows me to play shows with my recorded backing tracks and have the light show choreographed automatically. I've got six LED par lights, everything is working and triggering excellently.

I'm set up with each light being controlled by fader in the virtual console and mapped to a MIDI note in Reaper that is sent with LoopMIDI virtual cable.

The way it is set up right now the velocity of a note determines the brightness of the light, which is very cool, and I didn't know that would happen, but now I'd like to be able to fade a light in or out, possibly with a MIDI CC (Control Code).

I've experimented with making a custom profile in the Input/Output page, but I don't think I'm using it correctly, I don't know how to connect it to the lights, or even if it's the right thing to use.

I've attached my show file and will be happy to take screen shots if it may help.

Thanks!
Attachments
Test Show.qxw
(35.37 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
detailedreality

Hi, did you ever figure this out?