simple question (hopefully) about editing scene

Ask a question related to the QLC+ 5.x usage here.
Provide as much details as you can, especially what you would like to achieve and if available, a sample workspace of your work in progress
SPS

Most simple setup:

One generic dimmer.
Set the intensity to eg. 150
Dump to a scene.
Reset dump channels

Run the scene in preview.
All ok. output =150
Now I want to change the intensity to 100 by using the dimmer in the scene (lower part of the screen).
I can move the fader and the dmx value of the fader changes, but the DMX output not.

What do I do wrong?
Thanks!
GGGss

HTP logic, (Highest Takes Precedence)
150 is higher than 100, so 150 wins.
If you change your dimmer channel to LTP - it will work. Use the channel modifier: https://docs.qlcplus.org/v4/fixture-man ... properties
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
SPS

Sure, but in version 4 I can change the value to what I want editing a scene in preview?
Also using HTP for dimmer (and most of rgb channels ) is common practice.

Is this a (unwanted) effect of not having a separate edit and live setting?
giacomo

Hi Paul,
probably it's a drawback: the scenes do not auto-update while playing in VC,
so if you change the dimmer intensity in 2D, you've to reload the scene in VC to see the effect.
(as alternative, you can control it with the Simple Desk and in 2D dump it over the original cue)
Maybe you can ask it as a feature request?
giacomo

Sorry I didn't notice the "preview scene".
It's a bug and it happens only if you select the dimmer before previewing the scene,
the intensity can only be rised:
scene editing.png
and when you stop the preview the function is still played: (EDIT: the real bug)
scene still played.png
Would you mind to report it?
dimmer 1.qxw
(2.75 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
Step to reproduce:
1. open the file
2.select the dimmer
3.preview the scene
4.try to modify the intensity inside the scene >> can only rise (there is a similar problem with the Intensity widget)
5.stop the preview >> continues to play (the real issue)

EDIT: no the behavior it's not a bug because I selected the fixture before the preview,
the widgets now update to the output and so you can only rise htp channels >> widget and scene slider are updating each other in a loop.
The real and serious issue it's that qlcplus shows a running function when you stop the preview and you cannot reset anymore the fixture,
you have to stop all the running functions to kill it and it will be a problem if you're running other scenes in VC.
EDIT2: hopefully a temporary workaround, it seems that you need to exit the edit mode and only then stop the scene, or try to play and stop again the scene without a selection.