QLC+ crashes in the middle of the show

Generic issues not specifically related to a QLC+ area.
Post here only if you can't really find the reason of an issue
bosko1333

Hey there!

I am using qlc some time now and recently it started to crash during the show. There is a computer which has QLC running 24/7 but I did not have any trouble until few months ago.
So, QLC+ freezes during the show and I have to restart the app. Fortunately DMX values are staying the same, so I can disconnect the DMX cable, reload the session and plug it back in.

Is there any log or report which can tell me more about the issue? Recently I added custom fixture and maybe I did not set something correctly, but nevertheless everything works fine with this configuration.

Second thing, the AKAI APC mini randomly disconnects and I have to connect it again through I/O window. Also I have to do this every time I stop and start virtual console. What could be the issue?

Thank you for any information!
GGGss

To your Akai problem: make sure the power settings on your computer USB ports are set to 'never use power save'. This setting can be found very deep in the power profile settings. Because of M$ the exact place where this can be set has changed with every version of Windows.

To your freezing problem: on long running machines, there might be a memory leak present. Difficult to detect but if you freshly start QLC+ today, note down its memory consumption. (taskmgr). Verify this value in 2 days or more. If it has risen unnaturally this might be an indication of a memory leak.

You didn't mention the version you are using...
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
bosko1333

You are right I forgot. I am using Linux Mint and QLC version 4.12.7.

I will try to check mentioned things and report back.
GGGss

ouch ... Linux ... not my cup of tea.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
sbenejam

bosko1333 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:31 pm You are right I forgot. I am using Linux Mint and QLC version 4.12.7.

Can you try the development version?. You can find it i the download section -> Development builds. In the last months some things and bugs was solved.
You can share to your project and custom fixtures to test it. I'm using Ubuntu 22.04 with QLC+ 4.12.8-GIT I have a NanoKontrol2 and some DMX devices.
bosko1333

sbenejam wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:00 pm
bosko1333 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:31 pm You are right I forgot. I am using Linux Mint and QLC version 4.12.7.

Can you try the development version?. You can find it i the download section -> Development builds. In the last months some things and bugs was solved.
You can share to your project and custom fixtures to test it. I'm using Ubuntu 22.04 with QLC+ 4.12.8-GIT I have a NanoKontrol2 and some DMX devices.
I would love to try, but link to development builds leads to github "actions" tab. I do not know where to go from there. Also I tried old forum link with the TEST builds and there is no debian build. Or maybe I have to grab it from this link? https://software.opensuse.org/download. ... us-qt5-git
sbenejam

bosko1333 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:30 pm
sbenejam wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:00 pm

I would love to try, but link to development builds leads to github "actions" tab. I do not know where to go from there. Also I tried old forum link with the TEST builds and there is no debian build. Or maybe I have to grab it from this link? https://software.opensuse.org/download. ... us-qt5-git
For Linux Mint I think that you can use the Ubuntu version.
edogawa

I would love to try, but link to development builds leads to github "actions" tab. I do not know where to go from there.
It's nort quite detectable or intuitive, but just click the link for the workflow run you want to get the binaries for, in the main list there - it will take you to a page where at bottom there are downloadable builds of both v4 and v5 (Windows .exe installers and linux Appimage bundles).

It's getting rebuilt for every commit to the github master branch, so you can easily track recent changes and compare/test...
bosko1333

I tested the development version 4.13 for a few weeks now and I think it solved crashing issues I had in previous version 4.12.7.

Now I need to update it to the new stable release. I hope everything goes well from that point :D

Thank you all for your help!
Relivin80s

Hello All,

Similar issues. I'm using on a HP Laptop, QLC+, AKAI APCmini and an Enttec USB Pro. I too am getting the program freeze while doing a show (and I was finally able to replicate it at home). It seems to be linked to the AKAI device when doing a lot of activity (rapid scene changes). I downloaded the 4.13 hoping that would correct the bug, but it still does it. The last scene locks and screen freezes (whitewash), then I have to unplug the APC mini and have to close & relaunch QLC+. It doesn't seem to be any specific scene or sequence or scenes.
I'm only about a year back into lighting (after a 24yr hiatus) and have been using QLC+ for the majority of that time. Love the program but thinking I may need to ditch the AKAI and possibly go with a touch screen monitor as a replacement.
Last edited by Relivin80s on Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.