Use multiple pages (presets) on the BCF2000?

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
username

Hi Guys, Sorry if already asked, but I'm having problems finding out if it is possible to profit from the BCF2000's Preset (or page) capability. until now I could only assign the 8 faders, regardless from which page the BCF2000 is currently on. At most I can make a fader on P2 to control an encoder which is also on P1.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Vik
Yestalgia

Hi Vik,

It's been a while since I used the BCF2000 but if you want to try with QLC+ then it is possible to create a frame with your 8 faders, then add additional pages to that frame (you can even tell QLC+ to replicate the first page).

Now I do seem to remember struggling with the BCF2000 native page functions but I can't remember what I did to fix it. Are you using the mode which is recommended for use with QLC+?

Hope this helps. Cheers
username

Thanks Yestalgia,
I am in "U4" and "bC" mode, I also tried various SysEx configurations, but could not figure out how to get pages to communicate. I also tried mackie mode (I think...)

I indeed created a table with 8 faders and duplicated this over three pages. but when I Press "next page" on the BCF2000, QLC+ does not respond and stays on page 1, whereas the BCF2000 is on P2.
MichelSliepenbeek

The problem is that the BCF2000 sends the same Midi Message for Preset > and Preset < and it is not possible to change that with the EDIT function of the BCF2000.
As you need 2 different Midi Messages for Page Next and Page Previous to scroll through the pages of a multi page frame, it is not posssible to make a Multi Page Frame to change pages when you change Presets.

You can use the presets within one frame however. If you have (for instance) 24 faders in one frame you can set faders 1 - 8 on your VC to react on faders 1 - 8 of Preset 1 of your BCF2000, faders 9 - 16 on your VC to react on faders 1 - 8 of Preset 2 of your BCF2000 and faders 17 - 24 on your VC to react on faders 1 - 8 of Preset 3 of your BCF2000.

If you want to use a Multi Page Frame you could set up the 2 buttons on the Bottom Right of your BCF2000 to act as Page Next and Page Previous.
In this case it is best to use the same Preset(s) on each page of the Multi Page Frame (but you could also use 24 faders per page, as described before).
Make sure to set Feedback to On on your Inputs/Outputs Tab. This will make QLC+ to move the faders every time you change Pages (in the same way as when you change the Preset on the BCF2000).
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
username

Bedankt Michel,
I can assign the first bank, but on the second page only Fader 1 responds to the autodetect function and is een by QLC+ as (: Encoder 7 - Group A) but it actually now controls both fader 1 on page 1 and encoder 7.
attached is my *.qxw file for reference.
I've just flashed the default sysex file from Behringer back to the device. Could it be that the device is faulty?
Attachments
BCFtest2 smoke.qxw
(84.9 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
MichelSliepenbeek

First check the Set Up (toolbox icon) of your BCF2000 on the Inputs/Outputs Tab.
As Preset 1 uses Midi Channel 1 and Preset 2 uses Midi Channel 2 and so on, you need to use the Omni Mode (channels 1 -16).

Inputs-Outputs Setup.jpg
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
username

Thanks again,
I did as per your suggestion, and this partially works. on P1 all faders respond with the correct input channel (81:Slider 1, 82: slider2, etc ), but on P2 and P3, the first fader is always an encoder (8: encoder 7 Group A) whereas the rest of the faders respond with another Input Channel: (4104: ?)(8200: ?) (etc) but all faders on P2 and 3 are always returning the same input channel, and thus whatever action I do on P2 also happens on P3.
Does that make sense to anyone? Because to me it doesn't...
Attachments
prtscrn.png
MichelSliepenbeek

I've just flashed the default sysex file from Behringer back to the device.
Seems to me that that did not have the effect you hoped for. It might even have caused all the problems you are having.

I suggest you use a Midi Monitor to learn what your BCF2000 realy sends (i use MidiView https://hautetechnique.com/midi/midiview/.

Now (read the manual https://mediadl.musictribe.com/media/sy ... 303774.pdf and) use the Edit Function to manually set up a few sliders on P2 and P3 to the values they should have.
Make sure to store those values (so if you restart your BCF2000 they should stiil work).

If this does not work at all, your BCF2000 is not Ok.
If you get result for the sliders you changed, you "only have to reprogramm your BCF2000".

You could have a look at this tool: https://mountainutilities.eu/bcmanager
username

Again, Thanks Michel, your effort is much appreciated!

I didn't get much wiser yet from Midiview, but using BCmanager, I could learn from the device that indeed the faders on P2 and P3 are programmed the same. (This piece of software is so much better than the official outdated BEhringer release that requires an old version of JRE.
As for "restoring" the withe the original SysEx files, is there anywhere a trustworthy source do get a default sysex for QLC? Or is it best to reprogram each fader seperatly?

EDIT:
Success, Using BC Manager, I could rewrite the faders, I just copied P1 to the position of P2 & P3 and changed the fader channel number from 1 to 2 & 3. QLC still reads it as :4179 ?, but I guess that's ok, as I have it working now. :D

I still should remap all the other funtions the same way, I assume I can export the file, modify in Notepad++, and load to the BCF with BCManager.
Attachments
prtscrn-2.png
MichelSliepenbeek

QLC still reads it as :4179 ?
If you check the on line manual for the MIDI Plugin (https://docs.qlcplus.org/v4/plugins/midi), on the last line it says: In OMNI mode, add 4096 * Channel number.
So 4179 means Control Change (4179 - 4096 =) 83 on Midi Channel 2.

As i haven't used my BCF2000 for years, you have reached the point that you are a more experienced user than i am.
You are on your own now. :)