QLC+ 5.0.0 Beta3 release

Public announcements of new QLC+ releases.

PLEASE, do not post bugs and issues here !
mcallegari

Hello QLC+ Community,
Just about in time to celebrate this amazing 2023, we're thrilled to announce the release of QLC+ 5.0.0 Beta 3!
This new version marks a significant step forward in our journey to provide the best lighting control software.
Feature completeness compared to version 4 is now at 84%.

What's New?
  • Stability Enhancements: We've worked hard to make QLC+ 5 more stable than ever, thanks to those who reported crashes with the detail we needed.
  • Advanced BPM Work: Extensive work on BPM (Beats Per Minute) functionalities means more precise and dynamic control for your lighting shows.
  • Complete Input Profile Editor: The input profile editor is now fully complete
  • Custom Theme Creation: Dive into personalizing QLC+ 5 with custom theme creation, saving, and loading options, making your user experience uniquely yours.
A Few Reminders:
  • While we've made immense efforts to ensure stability, we recommend using QLC+ 5 in controlled environments until it's fully production-ready.
  • Your experiences, insights, and reports on any issues or quirks will be invaluable in making QLC+ 5 the best it can be.
Join Us:
Your support and involvement are what drive this project forward. If you appreciate QLC+, consider contributing in any way you can, be it through feedback, participation in our forums, or donations. Every bit helps us illuminate the future of lighting control together.

Links:
Download QLC+ 5.0.0 Beta 3
Give Feedback
Donate
Merch

Thank you for being a part of this incredible journey. Let's make QLC+ 5 the go-to solution for lighting control!
Yestalgia

Wooo let's go!!!!
DavidGrc

Yeah !!! Thank you for all this work (and team work). I hope i'll can be more helpfull this time. If i won't i'll donate more :) Let's go !
And "Bonne année 2024" ! ;)
maartenvd84

Thank you for the efforts made! I feel this release has become much more stable compared to the previous one. Played for many hours with the 3D viewer configuration and didn't have any crashes. Keep it up!
That dude that enjoys the lightshow more than the actual concert :-) . Beginner QLC+ user.
Yestalgia

maartenvd84 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:44 pm Thank you for the efforts made! I feel this release has become much more stable compared to the previous one. Played for many hours with the 3D viewer configuration and didn't have any crashes. Keep it up!
Yeah even on windows I'm feeling very happy with the stability. Still a few things to figure out but overall a big improvement.
spectral

Great work and many thank for all the effort.
Is there perhaps a list of what is NOT yet implemented from v4? It might make it easier to decide whether to make the move rather than find out after migrating only when going to use a particular function. (I attempted previously but had to revert for some reason I forget)
janosvitok

giacomo

Good Sunday,
I'm just back to v5 and I've discovered some great improvements in Beta 3:
no.1 _ 2D View, the parameter widgets now show the real output value 8-) (grand master is accounted too)
this means that you can play a scene in VC or change some parameters in Simple Desk, then in 2D you can select only the needed fixtures and dump them to a new/old scene.
but there is more, you can activate only specific parameters of the fixtures (eg. only the position) or later filter them in the Dump window. This is a huge huge step.
[for me, after resetting the Dump Channels, the widgets do not update anymore, I've to switch tab and back into 2D view]
no.2 _ 2D View, Highlight function :D
no.3 _ 2D View, now you can select multiple fixture and add delta values. it seems to work for intensity and position. ;)
[probably there is a maths choice behind it: eg. when I add 50 (dmx value) with 2 fixture selected, it adds 36 to each fixture (?)]
no.4 _ 2D View, Position widget has a button to center the parameters. :)
Bravo Massimo!

A kind request, when the VC Speed Dial? it's too needed for busking gigs.
Last edited by giacomo on Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GGGss

giacomo wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:02 am Good Sunday,
I'm just back to v5 and I've discovered some great improvements in Beta 3:
no.1 _ 2D View, the parameter widgets now show the real output value 8-) (grand master is accounted too)
this means that you can play a scene in VC or change some parameters in Simple Desk, then in 2D you can select only the needed fixtures and dump them to a new scene.
but there is more, you can activate only specific parameters of the fixtures (eg. only the position) or later filter them in the Dump window. This is a huge huge step.
[for me, after resetting the Dump Channels, the widgets do not update anymore, I've to switch tab and back into 2D view]
no.2 _ 2D View, Highlight function :D
no.3 _ 2D View, now you can select multiple fixture and add delta values. it seems to work for intensity and position. ;)
[probably there is a maths choice behind it: eg. when I add 50 (dmx value) with 2 fixture selected, it adds 36 to each fixture (?)]
no.4 _ 2D View, Position widget has a button to center the parameters. :)
Bravo Massimo!

A kind request, when the VC Speed Dial? it's too needed for busking gigs.
[Whispering mode=on] Are you revealing what Massimo produced in the last months since we last saw you? v 4.13 now?? ... Did you check on the 16b stable side of things? [whispering mode=off]
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
giacomo

Oh no, yesterday I just downloaded the beta 3 and I was happily surprises by those improvements that I thought to advertise them.
Now we can use scenes in v5 as an "alternative" for complex palettes, eg. you update a position preset (scene) and use it to dump a bunch of old cues.
Proficiat (congrats) for spotting the 16 bit problems, looking forward for it.
rajones203

Hey Massimo,

Finally messing with QLC5 (just as a visualizer). I had a couple questions/bugs I could share that frustrated me.

When selecting the custom items, it got very inconsistent. Values would change/zero, and I was unable to unselect an item, unless I used the multiple selection box. It might have been some user error, but it wasn't intuitively helping me guess.

More importantly, because I know its a work in progress, I was curious if prisms and their rotations would be supported in 3d Mode in the future. The other stuff looks incredible. Especially the gobos. How its taking a png image and doing that with the beam is beyond my thinking power. SERIOUSLY impressed.
______

Russell Jones
TV Professional - EVS, Producer/Director
Lighting Hobbyist
rajones203@gmail.com
giacomo

Another feature:
with the 2d view reflecting the output now is possible to copy a show from another software/console.
I did it during the week and it worked, the process is quite nice and quick, you can watch it in the 2d view or DMX view, you can select only the needed fixtures or grab everything with CTRL+A.
As reported on my previous post, some drawbacks for me:
.for each cue, after the dump reset I needed to switch tab and back to 2d to update the exposed values (sometime it was not enough, I've also touched the parameters to generate a channel update);
.when you dump to a scene, Function Editor opens and closing it causes to lose the selection.

Have a good weekend.