QLC not remembering Midi Input and Channel

The issues found when using the Input/Output Manager panel
isoparmesan

I'm working on a setup where I automate lights in logic. I'm on MacOS, and have set up four IAC driver busses, and have my logic environment setup so that each one corresponds to a track in which outputs on one midi channel (in this case channels 6-9).

I have four universes in QLC, and I'm trying to set one IAC driver per universe. However, whenever I save and reopen the QLC project, it seems to reset my inputs, and forget which midi channels I've assigned. Sometimes it remembers one of them, but it's inconsistent. I've inspected the text of the project file and it does seem to have the inputs/channels saved correctly, so something is happening when the project file is actually opened.
mcallegari

Please try the latest test version
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3135
isoparmesan

was on 4.12.6, just tried 4.12.7 with the same issue.
mcallegari

can you post a screenshot of the outputs?
I want to check the output names
isoparmesan

Here is how they're supposed to be set up (haven't used the 3rd and 4th IAC buses yet). When I quit and reopen my project, the input for the second universe will be unchecked, and when I check the midi channels they've all been reset to 9, although sometimes the first bus is set to 7 (should be 6).

Does it have to do with the names all showing up identically as "IAC Driver"? I might be able to make them show up differently using midi pipe, but I'd rather not add another layer of complexity. Audio Midi setup allows you to name the buses, but that doesn't appear to be the name that QLC is seeing.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-03-02 at 7.58.14 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-03-02 at 7.55.30 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-03-02 at 7.55.22 AM.png
richmn

+1 I have a similar problem. I use 4.12.7 on M2 Macbook Air. I created a QLC setup...every time I open it (on the same computer, with same devices), I have to recheck the selected input/outputs that I want, and redo the channels again in the I/O. After editing, I resave the configuration, without effect. I'm happy to create a separate issue with video or screenshots if it helps. I am working towards a 'kiosk' mode setup so I can just startup and go...but this challenge requires me to do manual I/O setup, every single time.
seb47

+1 here also :)
GGGss

richmn wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:27 pm +1 I have a similar problem. I use 4.12.7 on M2 Macbook Air. I created a QLC setup...every time I open it (on the same computer, with same devices), I have to recheck the selected input/outputs that I want, and redo the channels again in the I/O. After editing, I resave the configuration, without effect. I'm happy to create a separate issue with video or screenshots if it helps. I am working towards a 'kiosk' mode setup so I can just startup and go...but this challenge requires me to do manual I/O setup, every single time.
Did you check with an text editor what QLC+ wrote into the project file when you saved it? It could well be that that particular block is somehow broken?
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore