Solved: Enttec Pro - Debian group

Ask a question related to the QLC+ 5.x usage here.
Provide as much details as you can, especially what you would like to achieve and if available, a sample workspace of your work in progress
giacomo

Hello community,
I'm having a issue with the last v5 appimage and Enttec DMX USB PRO, it works only if I run the software as administrator.
I'm on Debian testing and I don't have v4 installed, do you know to which group should I add myself (or any user) to?
By default I'm in these groups: cdrom floppy sudo audio dip video plugdev netdev bluetooth lpadmin scanner.
I guess I should add myself to the group UUCP but before doing any change I'd prefer an expert advice, maybe there is a better solution,
thanks.

Ps. by default qlc+ sets the Output frequency at 44Hz while Enttec specs states that the max is 40Hz.
Wouldn't be better to set by default all the devices to a safe 30Hz?
Last edited by giacomo on Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GGGss

giacomo wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:38 pm Wouldn't be better to set by default all the devices to a safe 30Hz?
GMa natively runs at 30 fps. Go figure.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
giacomo

Found the solution, I'm posting it in case someone wants to try the appimage without or before installing qlc+ v4.
You've to copy the udev rules found in the distro packages, in my case I need only the Enttec DMX USB PRO.
For Debian it's /etc/udev/rules.d/z65-dmxusb.rules

remember to delete the file name .txt extension and restart udev.
Attachments
z65-dmxusb.rules.txt
(916 Bytes) Downloaded 4 times