Show Manager Limitations?

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
Aerokeith

I'm just starting to learn QLC+ and would like ensure I'm heading down the right path. I need to create a ~3 minute pre-programmed show that is synchronized to an audio track. I'm controlling 34 RGBW wash fixtures and for some of these I'd like to use the RGB Matrix (pixel mapping) capability.

It seems like the Show Manager provides the timeline-based, multi-track environment that I need. It's unfortunate that the Audio function doesn't display the track waveform, as this would make synchronization much easier. Is this coming in in v5?

It's not completely clear if I can use the RGB Matrix function in the Show Editor. It seems like it should be possible (and the documentation said it is), but I haven't quite figured out how to do it? Any tips, please?

It would also be very nice to have some visualization capability, something better than the Fixture Monitor. And does the Monitor even work when using the Show Editor? It wasn't working for me in a quick test. Is better visualization capability coming in v5, or is there a reasonably-priced external package that can be used. I saw the tutorial using Capture, but I'm curious if there are better/less expensive options (for MacOS).

Any other limitations of the Show Manager I should be aware of?

Thanks!
edogawa

It seems like the Show Manager provides the timeline-based, multi-track environment that I need. It's unfortunate that the Audio function doesn't display the track waveform, as this would make synchronization much easier. Is this coming in in v5?
Once you've added the audio track to your show, right click the clip/block representing it to activate waveform display of L, R or both channels.
It's not completely clear if I can use the RGB Matrix function in the Show Editor. It seems like it should be possible (and the documentation said it is), but I haven't quite figured out how to do it? Any tips, please?
Via "+" icon add a new track, then add a RGB Matrix to that (in the add functions dialog you have to select which functions are shown to select from, but you can add any function type)
It will show as a block of the length of one run of the matrix, now use the start time and duration icon from the toolbar to stretch it to desired length.
You can also export the Matrix to a sequence in the matrix editor, and add that to your show, for more fine grained control on the steps. If you use the duration tool on this, it wil stretch each step accordingly, while the RGB matrix will run as loop at the original speed.
And does the Monitor even work when using the Show Editor?
Sure it does, the Monitor always shows QLC+ actual output of the selected universe, the effective sum of whatever its tabs (virtual console, simple desk, function manager, shows) and the Grand Master produce.
For 3D visualisation, search the forum, people have used Magic Eye 3D, blender, or even QLC+ 5 beta for that.
Aerokeith

Thanks very much! Super helpful information!