Custom feature definition

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
musicmand

I have five of these Lalucenatz 5050 3-in-1 LED bars and I'm really struggling to program a fixture definition that will use all three of its functions in the Matrix FX correctly. It has 12 warm white LEDs, 13 segments of cool white, and 16 segments of RGB LED. I need to be able to process these as separate matrix arrays across my five bars. I cheated this before by defining all of these as separate fixtures, but that caused some other issues downstream (most notably, since putting Ableton in charge of MIDI commands, I'm dealing with a kernel panic error that crashes my computer- I've seen it reported on these forums a few times, but never with a resolution, so I'm trying to fix anything I can think of).

I'm attaching my profile. I run them exclusively in 75-channel mode for maximum flexibility, even though it takes up 375 channels between the five bars, lol.
Attachments
Lalucenatz-5050.qxf
(11.94 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
GGGss

If you create one fixture for all the pixels and segments, you'll quickly get into trouble.
I divided my multi-cell-multi-function fixtures into 3 (4) separate fixtures like you did before... the only way to go right now.
I used some FOS Thunderstorms lately and the had 16 zones of RGBW and 16 zones of really bright white leds included. Please find the definition attached - select the 96ch mode.
To be able to divide the whites from the RGBW segments vs the real whites of the 16 bright W segments, I had to tear them apart into 3 fixtures: the general level, the RGBW's and the CW's.
Attachments
FOS-SuperStorm.qxf
(20.52 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore