4 matrix panels as one big image

Ask a question related to the QLC+ 5.x usage here.
Provide as much details as you can, especially what you would like to achieve and if available, a sample workspace of your work in progress
streetcy

Heyho
I'm relative new with qlc+ and have a question about images on multiple matrix.

I build 4 16x16 led matrix panels with 4 esp32 powered by wled.
Is it possible to connect them together to build one big panel to show an image on it?

Greetings
Cy

EDIT: each esp32 can be controlled via artnet/e1.31
GGGss

Welcome to the forum,

If you can address your ESP's through Artnet, you can create a RBG matrix with 4 x16x16 cells in it. You can have effects run onto the matrix.
Now how are you going to project your image? There is not something that can 'play' an image. QLC+ is not a pixel mapper product.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
streetcy

Thank you

Hmm I hoped I can use the image effect of the rgb matrix in qlc+. But maybe I try to connect the different wled together to one matrix. I think they have a feature now to synchronize different esp32. Or I use them separatly and use the rgb matrix feature with an image cutted in 4 parts 🤔
MichelSliepenbeek

Within the RGB Matrices there is a pattern "Image".
Cannot tell you what it does, never tried it (= never could try it, as i don't have a matrix).

As your matrix is 32 x 32 i would try a simple Picture, something like PacMan.
Or maybe the QLC logo: let your audience know what makes the magic happen. :) :D
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
janosvitok

Add your matrixes as 4 fixtures. Then add them to one fixture group. To make the fixture group/matrix, open the qxw file in a text editor and edit it manually or using a script. Don't forget to make backups.
There is also GUI for moving heas/pixels in the fixture group.

QLC+ can display animated gifs on the matrix.
streetcy

Sounds really cool. I will try that
Thank you