Revisiting the video problem

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
kenact

I've been doing okay using WMV files for my video, but yesterday I had a project using more video than I usually do, and the failing video problem came back. Today I downloaded Sysinternals Process Monitor and captured an entire session, including video fails. It's quite a lot of data, but going through it, I can see there are differences between system calls for the videos that work and those that don't.

With this particular project, I have gotten it to play correctly all the way through one time. The others times there have been between 1 and 4 video files that failed. The one time it worked was on a Dell M6700 laptop with Windows 10 x64, an i7 CPU and 32GB of RAM. The same system had a run where only one file failed. My other system, a Gigabyte X99 with Windows 10, a Zeon E5-2699A CPU and 96GB of RAM, had failure rates of 2 to 4 files per session. Not all of the failed files are at the end of the Chase, but I can't say for sure if they were the last files added to the workspace.

If anyone wants to look at the workspace, I'll have to find a way to share my audio and video files.

If it would help diagnose the problem, I'd be happy to share the logs of Process Monitor, in any of the 3 formats available, CSV (71MB), PML (267MB) or XML (3GB).

From the log, it appears the problem occurs during the loading/setup phase of the process, and by the time the file is supposed to be projected, the screen goes black and there's no sound for the duration set in the Chase.