Video playback on Linux (issue 2: Windowed mode)

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Linux operating system
Freddy_H

Same install as issue 1 : clean install Linux Mint 21.3 and QLC 4.12.7 (qt5 version !).
After adding a Video function, when playing the video (in the function screen) on screen 1 a full black screen is displayed with the mouse pointer, but without any option of resizing or stopping the 'running' video (displaying on screen 2 obviously leaves the possibility to stop playback from QLC UI on screen 1)..
The playback mode (single shot or loop) makes no difference, the 'black' screen stays on indefinite.
I can alt-tab to other running programs, but as soon as the alt key is released, the black screen takes over again, even if another running program is selected.
The only way out is to hard-reboot the system (press power button for 10 sec).

FYI windowed playback works OK on W11 (with K-lite codec pack added), with video showing (so no issue 1 there also).

I put this in a separate thread as I am not certain if there is a relation with issue 1 (playback) ... should there be, threads can be merged.
Last edited by Freddy_H on Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
sbenejam

On Ubuntu when I play a video from QLC+ and get a black screen I uninstall gstreamer1.0-vaapi.
Freddy_H

Hello Santiago,

BIG thanks: your tip solved issue 1 (playback = black screen) : !!!

Code: Select all

sudo apt list --installed | grep gstreamer

shows gstreamer1.0-vaapi (hardware acceleration) installed, next I removed it with :

Code: Select all

sudo apt remove gstreamer1.0-vaapi
And playback is working OK.

However, the "windowed issue" persists (no longer with a black screen, but with the video playing) : playback always goes fullscreen ... single shot runs the video once, but when in loop : no way out except shutdown, ...
Freddy_H

I can accept the reasoning "when you select playback on screen 1 in fullscreen & loop, you get what you ask for" ...
But when selecting windowed mode on screen 1, I would expect a window around the playing video ...