QLC+ Full Midi first test

This is a place for sharing with the community the results you achieved with QLC+, as a sort of use case collection.
You can share photos, videos, personal hardware/software projects, interesting HOWTO that might help other users to achieve great results.
ConnyGoat

Hi People! Yesterday i finally got to test all the lights in our rehearsal room.

I've been reading and using QLC for a month now without real fixtures, while waiting for my enttec usb dmx to arrive i got to program what i thought could be useful, and i got very close!

After this first test i will study what was usefull and what i can change, but so far im pretty happy with it, ill try to reduce the amount of midi notes i need cause its sometimes overwhelming.

Im using Mac -> Reaper -> Bus IAC to send from reaper to QLC+ via Midi -> QLC -> Enttec USB Pro -> 5 Chauvet Colorpalette in 27ch mode.

To sync to tempo all the rgb matrix and sequences i have made presets in the time selector for each tempo bpm and then manually adjust every fx to the velocity i needed.
I am adding an extra 10 or more midi keys just for tempo, but is worth it so i can sync every song in the setlist.

I would have love to be able to use all the RGB matrix in mask mode, but it gets harder to choose the colour before sending it, so ill just try to have like 15 FX with some colour variations that could fit most of the songs.

Another thought is, im just starting and only have 5 colorpalette washes, so i have to improvise in how to get the most out of them, maybe when i have a few led bars and strobes the programming gets "easier", time will tell! hehe

Thanks for this amazing software! The workflow is very slow at the beginning, but after all is done, the programing is pretty quick and the results are great!
GGGss

Congrats !
This is quite nice of a light show. I like it but I can only imagine the workload behind it (!)
I like the way you included the pixel possibilities of the fixtures. I wouldn't include them early in the set though. But that is my opinion.
In a real-life show, I would use 4 profile spots in front to have some background light levels. For some attendees, who react epileptic, this front light will have a calming effect. But again: IMHO.
Well done!
@Yestalgia, a show case for the QLC+ insta group?
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
ConnyGoat

Thank you for your feedback GGGss :)

The pixels you refer to the rgb matrix using all the zones of each wash right? like the fx? (excuse me, i still have to learn a lot of this world)

At first i was gonna use the washes in like 15ch mode, which had like 4 zones instead of 8, but shortly after i realized i was loosing a lot of potential and the extra programming wasnt that much.

I apreciate you mention the spots in front for background levels, because i've been thinking a lot about epileptic people, and how i could use the washes in the best way. As i mention in the first post, i only got 5 washes, and they are working as wash, as strobes, as everyhing cause is the only ones i got for now. I guess someday ill use them right, to colour walls while having strobes, led bars etc etc

I'll consider it for the next light i'll buy.

For now the plan is 3 in front for the 2 guitars and singer, also the mid one points to the drum when the singer is not there, and then 2 in the back for the drums and contrast, but i've also consider putting 3 in the back and 2 in front, will see.

Once i've made a few songs and finally got everything in track i'll upload something again for you guys to check out.

Thanks again!