X-Y Pad Scene Presets

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
Deece

Hi,
I've not used the x-y pad before, but seeing other recent posts I thought I'd have a look.
(I've always used sliders, had no need for anything else)

The issue I'm seeing:
Scene 1: Pan 000.000 Tilt 000.000 the DMX monitor shows Pan 001.000 Tilt 001.000
Scene 2: Pan 000.127 Tilt 100.128 the DMX monitor shows Pan 001.000 Tilt 101.001

It looks like the X-Y pad doesn't see Coarse 0 but DMX starts at 1, and the Fine doesn't react until 128 but DMX also starts at 1

I attach a qxw to demonstrate.

Have I missed a setting somewhere?

Linux Mint 20.3 Cinamon QLC 4.12.7
Attachments
xy-pad-issue.qxw
(2.67 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
MichelSliepenbeek

I checked all the obvious things (fixture Definition, Channel set Up etc.) but could not find anything that was wrong.

Then i added the same Fixture twice: one time in 7 Channel mode and the other one in 13 channel mode, added those fixtures to your scenes and just used the "copy value to all fixtures" button.
I also added two buttons to launch your scenes (independent of the X-Y pad).

If you launch the scenes with the VC-buttons, they set the correct DMX values for all 3 fixtures (your original one and the two i added).

If you use the buttons within the X-Y pad, you get incorrect DMX values on Fixture 1, but the values for Fixture 2 and 3 are correct.
The moment you pick up "the handle" with your mouse and start moving it around however, you get unexpected DMX values on channels 1- 4 and 39 - 42, all channels in between remain unaffected.

You can try for yourself:
xy-pad-issue V2.qxw
(4.25 KiB) Downloaded 6 times

I'm pretty sure that this is the same Bug as we found overhere: viewtopic.php?t=16472
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
Deece

This seems to be connected with the work Massimo is doing on 16 bit Pan/Tilt - reports on the Generic tab.
(Not sure how to post links to maintain some co-ordination)
Attachments
xy-pad-issue V3.qxw
(6.8 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
MichelSliepenbeek

Nice example.

Please note that the bug only occurs when you launch scenes from the X-Y pad.
You can still use the X-Y pad for absolute positioning and to launch EFX's .

Let's hope that 4.12.8 comes with a fix (we can use your example to test it :) ).
Untill then i found a workaround by using the CrossFade option of a chaser: just create two scenes with positions (e.g. Front of Stage and Back of Stage) and use the CrossFader to move your Heads in between those positions.
In order to make this work you have to set the Pan and Tilt channels to "can Fade" (and make sure that Fade in and Fade Out of all your Pan and Tilt scenes are set to Zero).
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"