How to make Fade-in/out effect smoother (SOLVED)

The issues found when using the Fixture Manager panel
Simo311

Hello, i'm new in using this software.
I searched in the forum and tried some solution but nothing has fixed my problem yet.
So basically what i want to do is a smooth fade-in/out effect with my RGB LED lights (like i've already managed to do with Freesyler) but anytime i try to do any kind of fade effect with my lights it changes intensity in steps rather than smoothly, even when i fading it manually slowly.

i've already tried this solution:
start qlcplus
add fixture (I tried both Generic Dimmer and Generic RGB)
go to channel fade properties
expand the device entry and click the modifier button for whatever intensity channel
channel modifier editor dialog opens, change curve to another template, e.g. strong logarithmic
click OK
click OK in channel fade properties (which has a different window title from that at the icon tooltip, btw)
re-open channel fade properties dialog
But nothing changed!
Please, help me!
Thanks to all :D
kenact

What type of fixture are you using?

When you are trying to fade, are you fading all channels on the fixture, or just the intensity?

For example, if one of the channels of your fixture is a strobe, when you fade that channel, it will fade through the strobe settings, causing it to strobe at various rates while fading.

What I typically do is, determine what I'm actually trying to fade, for a particular fixture, then, just fade that channel. So, I will have that fixture in both scenes. In the first scene, all channels will be set for the color and intensity I want. In the following scene, if I'm just trying to fade that fixture to black, all the channels will remain the same, except the intensity, which will be brought to 0.
edogawa

I'm a bit confused by this thread...

The original poster quotes from an almost 3 year old thread I started viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10774#p46413, dealing with the problem of channel modifier window not applying my settings.

He calls the list of steps to reproduce my problem a not-working "solution" to his problem of steppy fades.

And now half a year later kenact answers, raising another question and describing how he fades intensities while keeping other channels, and the thread is marked as SOLVED?

What am I missing?
GGGss

I can only imagine that the OP did find a solution for himself (and kept it not informing the community how he solved it)
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
chrispy67

What is the actual solution to this issue? I'm having the same problem with LED fixtures using the fade in timings on chaser steps - Event Lighting LED PAR lights step fade in and out. Don't get me started on moving heads which seem to process the move first and then the fade in (stepped again).'
Can someone please post the actual solution to this SOLVED post?