Add another Akai APC Mini MK2 to QLC+

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
maartenvd84

Hi,
Before blowing my yearly budget to it ...
Has anyone set up two (or even more) Akai APC Mini MK2 midi controllers at the same time in combination with QLC+? Goal: more buttons :-)
On the Facebook page I saw some videos of two Traktor F1's ... so I assume this is going to be just fine with other midi devices as well?
Thx,
Maarten
That dude that enjoys the lightshow more than the actual concert :-) . Beginner QLC+ user.
janosvitok

I'm not using any controller right now, but:

- you can use two controllers, just assign each to separate universe
- the order of the controllers may not be stable (i.e. it may happen that one time controller 1 is assigned to universe 1, controller 2 to universe 2 and next time C1 to U2 and C2 to U1). search the forum for details

Jano
maartenvd84

Thanks Jano! I'll give it a try when the second one arrives.
That dude that enjoys the lightshow more than the actual concert :-) . Beginner QLC+ user.
GGGss

Just before showtime, I tend to reboot the PC and reconnect all peripherals and reset the QLC+ universes to their corresponding external controls.
With a fresh O.S. QLC+ is dead stable that way. Just be careful not to touch wires afterwards... if you loose connection to one peripheral, you might end up redoing the mapping again.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
maartenvd84

Is the 'problem' you describe related to the fact that the same device name is found twice? Or would this also occur if I add a Novation launchpad mini MK3 instead?
Tooters

In my experience, two different devices do not have this issue. They will stay patches to the appropriate universes. This is even true for the AKAI Mini on one universe and the Akai Mini mk2 on another, since they are named differently. The issue of nonstable patching is only when the two devices are exactly the same.
maartenvd84

Tooters wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:32 am The issue of nonstable patching is only when the two devices are exactly the same.
That's clear. Thx!
GGGss

Maarten,
The 'issue' is that USB devices do not reveal their serial number or any information which is unique to that device.
So when QLC+ (and other programs) list up the connected devices, it sees 2 identical devices and connects them. In which order is arbitrarily...
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore