One shot buttons

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
surfdabbler

I'm setting up QLC for the first time, and having trouble understanding toggled scenes, vs one-shot.

I've set up two groups of scenes, one for light position, and one for light colours. The colours scenes have all the colour sliders selected, so that they cancel out previous colours. I've set up buttons for each scene.

It makes sense to me that the colour scenes would simply replace the previous colours. Activating the white scene would turn all the lights on. The blue scene would turn all the blue channels on, and the others off. A black scene will turn all the colours off.

However, when i create buttons for these scenes, they stay active. If I select white then blue, both stay active, and the white channels are half on and blue is half-on. If I want blue to come on full, then I have to turn off the white button. I have put them into 'solo' boxes, and that kind of helps.

It doesn't seem to work this way for movement scenes - if I click the button for position 1, then position 2, it doesn't seem to mix the positions, but takes the latest position, even when multiple positions are activated - which is confusing in itself.

I can understand that chasers need to be on/off buttons, because they continue to update the lights until they are turned off, but is there a way to make a simple scene as a one-shot, like in the tutorial #4 video? Or has this changed, and all scenes are now toggle scenes?
GGGss

Welcome to the forum,

A lot of questions at once.
HTP vs LTP logic... All intensities are in default HTP (Highest Takes Precedence). So the highest value wins the battle. Put your color scenes in a solo frame and the problem of scenes staying active will be solved.
Movers typically use LTP (Latest Takes Precedence) for pan, tilt, gobo, color wheel, ... So the latest information sent wins. Again, using a solo frame for you positions will create a balanced workspace. You will be able to 'read' what is going on.
Simple scene as a one-shot: put a button on your VC, bind it to a scene. Now select flash in stead of toggle and now your scene will flash instantly. Be sure __not__ to reuse a scene which is in the solo frame. (Doing so will reset whatever scene is chosen in the solo frame. Sometimes a nifty trick to reset things).
Have fun
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore