Artnet universe selection in web interface

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
spectral

Hi,

How do I patch a universe to a particular artnet universe using the web interface?
I don't see any configuration options other than being able to choose the interface.

Many thanks.
Greg
GGGss

You are supposed to only start using the web-interface after your QLC+ environment is fully set up. (So there is already a universe defined and fixtures are selected and connected to that universe).
The choise of an Artnet universe number lies after the configuration button for that universe.
Or are we talking trying to use a Raspi now?
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
spectral

Yes, I'm using the raspberry pi to run the show but I develop on a different system so I need to remap the artnet universes once I've uploaded the config to the pi.
sandinak

Worst case .. and I do this regularly .. is to edit the XML directly and change the values as needed.
  • Make sure you only edit the outputIP and outptUni
  • If you know the interface addy of the raspi you can change UID as well
the code blocks you're looking for will look similar to:

Code: Select all

<Universe Name="U08-CD-D1" ID="7">
    <Output Plugin="ArtNet" UID="172.18.0.141" Line="1">
     <PluginParameters outputIP="172.18.2.51" outputUni="0"/>
    </Output>
   </Universe>
  <Universe Name="U04-DMX-Wireless" ID="3">
    <Output Plugin="ArtNet" UID="127.0.0.1" Line="0">
     <PluginParameters outputIP="172.18.1.6" outputUni="0" transmitMode="Partial"/>
    </Output>
   </Universe>
Should be reasonably easy to write a python or sed ( or perl for us grey beards :) to switch as needed. I have some tools for QLC and I can add my version of this tool there if you're interested.
spectral

Thanks Sandinak, just seems a little strange being able to select the new interface but not the universe on it, thought I was missing something. Editing the XML is no problem but these tools you've written sound interesting.