Analog inputs on Windows

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Windows operating system
rickm

Hi everyone,

I'm looking into using an Intel NUC or similar Windows device to run QLC+.
I need to be able to use analog signals as input triggers for functions. Those are 12V signals, but can be stepped down to e.g. 5V or 3.3V if needed.

What's the easiest way to get such signals working as inputs in QLC+ under Windows?
A bit like the GPIO on a Raspberry.

Happy to hear your thoughts,

Rick
GGGss

You will at least need an interface to process the analog inputs. But I'm not aware of any interface that is supported by QLC+.
For the cost of the interface, you could invest in a Raspberry, use the GPIO's and use Artnet f.i. to tranfer the measured values.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
janosvitok

If you are able to do some C++ coding, you may use arduino/raspberry pico as interface. It's more complicated to setup (since you have to write the plugin), but easier to maintain (no SD card,...)

Jano
rickm

Thanks for your responses!
I'm not really able to code unfortunately. There are no off the shelf solutions for this?
janosvitok

Analog input to DMX is not very frequent usage, so I suppose those that need do it themselves. The other way is more frequent (DMX-> Analog output), the keyword here is DMX/Artnet relay/switch.

For your case, the raspberry seems to be the simplest way how to do it.
You can run the whole show on rpi, or leave rpi just for feeding the analog inputs to the nuc, and run the show there.

Jano
rickm

Or maybe anyone sees another solution?
Let me explain the use case in a bit more detail :)

We're using QCL+ in our Carbage Run car to control a lot of lights and sound effects.
Some of these effects need to be coupled to the 'normal' controls of the car. E.g. the horn, indicators, main beam, etc.
We wired into those controls, so we get a ~12V signal when we use those.

Those 12V signals need to be used as inputs for QLC. They're basically on/off, nothing linear.
GGGss

So binary inputs... now I surely would go the rpi way and have those signals schmid-trigger buffered and put onto the GPIO pins of the rpi.

[edit] a more ready-out-of-the-box solution could be this one: https://ultralightsound.co.uk/product/a ... convertor/ You will need 2 resistors per input to change 12V to 10V.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore