Noob Question - Windows uDMX shows active, no control

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
wurtzy

Hi Everyone - Absolute newby here

I just bought a uDMX adapter https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09D7 ... UTF8&psc=1
I'm running windows 10 Enterprise (LMK if you need more specs)

I am pretty sure the driver is installed correctly (uDMX doesn't have the triangle everyone talks about)

in the "inputs/outputs" I see "uDMX 1: uDMX output checked"
uDMX
This plugin provides DMX output support for Anyma uDMX devices
Device Name: uDMS
DMX Channels: 512
DMX Frame Frequency: 30Hz
System Timer Accuracy: Good

I added a fixture (basic RGB light) to my Universe 1, Address Range is 1 to 8. Light is set to 8-Channel. Go To Simple Desk. Move some sliders. Nothing changes.

I'm not sure what I've done wrong here. I did read that the uDMX isn't compatible with Windows? is that the issue? Why would it say the timer is good and driver works?

Sorry if you need more info.
wurtzy

OK, I plugged in a SHEDS light and that works, so Maybe I have the light configuraration set up wrong. I'll keep playing, apparently it's me LOL.
janosvitok

What is your light exactly? Maybe you have to rise dimmer and/or shutter first...
wurtzy

Yep, it was the dimmer.
I'm using an older Windows machine now, it seems to drop the USB channel on and off - how can I troubleshoot this (i get the "usb device connected/disconnected sounds/nofitications"
I just bought a uDMX adapter https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09D7 ... UTF8&psc=1

I'll check what Win version I'm using.

I am pretty sure the driver is installed correctly (uDMX doesn't have the triangle everyone talks about)

in the "inputs/outputs" I see "uDMX 1: uDMX output checked"
uDMX
This plugin provides DMX output support for Anyma uDMX devices
Device Name: uDMS
DMX Channels: 512
DMX Frame Frequency: 30Hz
System Timer Accuracy: Good
GGGss

If USB connects / disconnects regular, check the power needs for the interface (and if your USB port can provide that amount of power). One DMX interface I have needs 600mA which is beyond the USB port specifications.
A powered USB hub may be your solution.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore