HTP/LTP Question

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
guidoffm

I create a one channel generic fixture. The I create a scene that sets the fixture to 255. When I activate the scene the output is set to 255 as expected and when I then deactivate the scene the output is reset to 0 as expected.

Now, I change the the channel from HTP to LTP. When I the activate the scene the output is set to 255 as expected. When I then deactivate the scene the output remains at 255. I expect it to be reset to 0.

When I read about the meaning of LTP and HTP I understand this setting affects the output when one channel is used in more than one scene at once. I do not understand the behaviour when I simply activate and deactivate a scene.

How did I find about out this behaviour? I have created my own fixture definition for a device and set some channels to "Intensity" and other channels e.g. to "Maintenance". Only the channels defined as "Intensity" are reset when I deactivate a scene.

QLC Version: 4.12.7
janosvitok

Yes, your observation is correct. For LTP you have to reset the value yourself.

Jano
guidoffm

Why is this? Is this part of the LTP/HTP specification or is there a problem with the implementation? At least, I think, it should be better documented.
GGGss

For LTP to work, you need to create a scene with a hard zero value and call that specific scene for the output to go to zero.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
MichelSliepenbeek

In LTP mode: If you activate a Scene and then turn it off, QLC will go back to the previous situation.
This works fine, except when you use this the very first time (so it is only an initialisation problem).

I suggest you add the "All Zero Scene" to your Start up Function (the Green Banner in your Functions Tab: https://docs.qlcplus.org/v4/function-manager).

Tip: create a specific scene for this. Do not use the same Function somewhere else on your VC in a Solo Frame, because then the other scenes in the Solo Frame will turn it off.
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"