Collections and Child Function Feedback

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
tavonmarkov

If I were to create 3 scene functions and attach them to 3 VC buttons, assign them each to a Novation Launchpad button with LED feedback, the individual buttons work, and receive feedback that the functions are running. However, if I create a Collection function with those same 3 functions included, then assign the collection to a Launchpad button with LED feedback, when I trigger the collection, the Launchpad button for the Collection works as expected, but the child functions do not show as active on the Launchpad. Is there a way to get this functionality?

The basic functionality I am seeking is to utilize Collections as a sort-of Function Group to trigger groups of scenes that are also included, individually, on the Virtual Console. IE: three sets of lights (downstage colors, upstage colors and colors for movers)-- If I have 8 sets of colors, I'd like to have Collection 1 trigger Upstage Reds, Downstage Reds, Mover Reds (all independent Scene functions).. Collection 2 to trigger Upstage Greens, Downstage Greens and Mover Greens (again, all independent Scene functions). When I press the button corresponding to Collection 1, the LED feedback shows "Collection 1" is active, but none of the buttons associated with the independent scene functions included with Collection 1 are active on my Launchpad. On-screen, however, the function buttons are highlighted as they truly are active.
I am attaching my config... I also toyed with using a Script on button 8-1 of the launch pad. It yields a different pattern, but still doesn't achieve the intended goal.

If anyone is having difficulty understanding what I am trying to describe, and is interested in helping me along with this, please, ask me questions.
Attachments
LAUNCHPAD 1-64 frames demo b.qxw
(46.43 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
tavonmarkov

Anyone have any suggestions?
GGGss

I should test it ...
My first opinion is to say: Sry No - can't be done

Thinking out loud now:
Collections can start many things
* they don't start a cue or whatever function
* * feedbacks are based on running functions inside the VC
* * * Novation lamps are fed with feedback info
* * collections don't fire functions - they simply set a state
* * * feedback doesn't know about this
Ergo: no sorry ...

* * feature request: monitoring feature ability on channels bound to 'functions which use (this ability [as a result of a collection = set]) && (included to a Novation feedback channel) = true' <- ehhm way to complex
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
tavonmarkov

You hit the nail on the head. I know it's not an option currently. Applications like ShowXpress run this way, so it would be a handy feature for a future version.

Thanks for checking in to it.
mckoss

I have the same problem. who knows how to solve this problem? is it possible to get feedback from the button under the yellow light? when is the child function running?
Yestalgia

There's a PR with Monitoring Feedback available:
https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus/pull/1103

I have the same problem.