QLC4 driving QLC5 viewer

Ask a question related to the QLC+ 5.x usage here.
Provide as much details as you can, especially what you would like to achieve and if available, a sample workspace of your work in progress
vector

Hi ,
As we have issues with the 2d viewer in qlc4, like not showing fixture channels UV,A and W. And we don't want to distract Massimo from the great 5work :)

I thought is it possible to use qlc 4 to send dmx values to the viewer in QLC5?

I opened my current qlc4 project file in qlc5Alpha and the viewer is so much better ;) Im not creating scenes semi blind in here.
But QLC5 is not 'show ready' so I need to stay with qlc4 for now.

I dont know much about the artnet and OSC etc etc input outputs (just using basic midi and the enttec output) but thought perhaps there was a way to link the two?

Possibly a crazy question but I thought it worth asking ;)
nrblock

Yes, I'm doing that right now using ART-NET. Set the output of your QLC4 instance to your ART-NET:IP address and set the input of your QLC5 instance to the same. Add the fixtures into QLC5 and you can control them from QLC4.
Chris De Rock

Hint: i tried this and found that you have to set the input universe on qlc+5 to passthrough.
stevenrenders

Hi,
Sounds really interesting but I can't seem to get this working.
Chris, can you clarify what you mean with passtrough?

Even on the 3D visualize side I seem to struggle to see some light. I can select the fixture (just in v5 and turn it on but no light beam)

Thanks for the help
Chris De Rock

1. create your workspace in QLC+4 (you need only the fixtures)
2. open the workspace in QLC+5 and arange your fixtures on stage
3. in QLC+5 set the input of the universe to ARTNET and enable passthrough on this universe. then switch to the 3D view.
4. in QLC+4 set the output of your universe to ARTNET. make sure to use the same network as in QLC+5
5. start working in QLC+4 and you should see the results in QLC+5
stevenrenders

Thanks Chris,

That helps... partially. I now see on QLC5 the values in the universe view changing according to what I do in QLC4.
But still no light in the 3D view.

But that seems to be a QLC5 local issue. Also not with a fresh project and standard fixtures, I can't get anything to show a lightbeam...
I keep on trying ;-)

Bye
Steven
stevenrenders

Just wanted to thank again for the help.
The remaining issue was with my homemade fixtures.
All solved now.
Cheng

Thanks!

It is also possible to define ArtNet Input (passthrough) and Output in qlc+5 and save to workspace.
So the next time the ArtNet adapter was allready ready - in both qlc+ versions.