3D Visualizer - Pan/Tilt movement speed

Report an issue that you found while using QLC+ 5.x.
Please provide as many details as you can, a sample workspace if available and don't forget to read the forum posting guidelines first !
maartenvd84

Hi,

Said it before. Wil say it again. The 3D visualizer is awesome!
Yet I found something that either can improve, or I'm just not aware how to fix it.
If I drag the pan/tilt channels for movers pretty fast from 0 to 255, the mover (e.g., default MAC 700 Wash) moves at a steady, but rather slower pace than what the fixture would actually be able to do in reality.
Channel 15 is defined as the pan/tilt speed channel, but I'm in the impression that this is not yet taken into account at this point.

Unfortunately my budget doesn't allow any Martin mover :-) , but I tried it with my no-brand (that's a lie... SHEHDS) movers, and there it was even more visible in the tilt mode (maybe because these only are able to do 180° tilt). My mover was already seconds in place, while the visualizer still needed quite some time to get there. Note that pan seemed to be much closer to reality (540°).

There are most likely far more important things to look at first (completing missing functionalities), but just wanted to let you know (/ask some advice if it's my bad :-) )

Thx,
Maarten
That dude that enjoys the lightshow more than the actual concert :-) . Beginner QLC+ user.
mcallegari

Hi, an accurate simulation of pan/tilt speed (and in general wheels, strobing, any timing really) is very difficult to achieve.
Each fixture has its own movement curves.
Even with GDTF is quite difficult to specify the right values.
The current solution can be improved a bit but forget to have accurate timings in the future
maartenvd84

I would think even something as simple as a linear speed setting would make a great difference (e.g., how many degrees pan / tilt movement can be achieved in a timeframe (e.g. 1s). Acceleration curves are cool, but just the overall maximum speed setting would make a big difference I think to come close to the real world behavior).
That dude that enjoys the lightshow more than the actual concert :-) . Beginner QLC+ user.