Linux development build QLC+ v5

Ask a question related to the QLC+ 5.x usage here.
Provide as much details as you can, especially what you would like to achieve and if available, a sample workspace of your work in progress
maartenvd84

Hi,

As I notice on github there's a constant flow of improvments being done, I wanted to pull on regular basis the latest code for QLC+ v5.
Tried to follow the instructions mentioned on README.txt file on the project page, but I encounter two problems:
  1. I cloned the repository (get clone https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus.git) ... but always end up with launching (trying to launch :-)) v4.12.8. See below. What am I doing wrong?
  2. On my Xubuntu I get an error.

Code: Select all

Q Light Controller Plus version 4.12.8 GIT
This program is licensed under the terms of the Apache 2.0 license.
Copyright (c) Heikki Junnila (hjunnila@users.sf.net)
Copyright (c) Massimo Callegari (massimocallegari@yahoo.it)

[b][size=150]qlcplus: symbol lookup error: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libqlcplusengine.so: undefined symbol: _ZdlPvm, version Qt_5[/size][/b]
I downloaded and installed Qt from here https://download.qt.io/archive/qt/5.14/5.14.2/ (v5.14.2 as indicated in the manual).
Am I pointing to the wrong Qt version somehow?

maartenvd@XUBUNTU:~/Downloads$ sudo find /* -iname "libqlcplusengine.so"
[sudo] password for maartenvd: 
/home/maartenvd/Programs/QLC+/build/engine/src/libqlcplusengine.so
find: '/run/user/1000/gvfs': Permission denied
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libqlcplusengine.so
maartenvd@XUBUNTU:~/Downloads$ 
The version I installed is effectively here: /home/maartenvd/Programs/QLC+/build/engine/src/libqlcplusengine.so while the error seems to refer to /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libqlcplusengine.so.
I know this is not the linux forum, but I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Thx,
Maarten
That dude that enjoys the lightshow more than the actual concert :-) . Beginner QLC+ user.
maartenvd84

Solved via the alternative build method (second one).

export QTDIR=/home/myuser/Qt5.14.2/5.14.2/gcc_64
./create-appimage-cmake.sh 
(a file called Q_Light_Controller_Plus-x86_64.AppImage will be created in /home/myuser)
That dude that enjoys the lightshow more than the actual concert :-) . Beginner QLC+ user.
mcallegari

No need to build commits yourself.
Github is building every commit for you. Just go to the "Actions" tab, pick the revision you want to test and find the built artifacts (scroll down the not-so-intuitive page of the revision summary)
Attachments
Immagine 2024-01-22 122113.png
maartenvd84

Thanks Massimo!