Novation LaunchPadMini pad color

This is a place for sharing with the community the results you achieved with QLC+, as a sort of use case collection.
You can share photos, videos, personal hardware/software projects, interesting HOWTO that might help other users to achieve great results.
KrisKelvin

I use Novation LaunchPadMini in QLC+ 4.12
Almost all buttons are assigned a function such as EFX, Scene, Sequence or Show.
Each button is highlighted in its own color.
How can I make it so that when the function is turned on, the button on the launchpad blinks
in a different color, so that I can see which button is currently performing the assigned action?
Attachments
86891.jpg
MichelSliepenbeek

Overhere you will find the programmers manual for the Novation Launchpad Mk2: https://fael-downloads-prod.focusrite.c ... 0v1.03.pdf
(i assume that the Launchpad Mini uses the same protocol).

In order to set the Multicolor pads by Midi, you use a specific Midi Note to address the pad (pad 1-1 = Note 81/A5, pad 1-2 = Note 82/A#5, ....) and you use Velocity to set the color (10 = Red, 26 = Yellow, 90 = Blue, etc. Be aware that the QLC Plugin doubles the values).

In order to switch between Solid, Flashing and Pulsing you need to use different Midi Channels.
Unfortunately in QLC you can only send a Feedback to the same Midi Channel that you received a message on.
So basicaly it is not possible to change a colored pad from Solid to Flashing by using the QLC Feedback logic.

The Akai APC Mini MK2 causes a similar problem and there QLC users seem to have created a workaround. Watch this thread: viewtopic.php?t=16044.
(read the post of Revilo196).
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"