Loopback Buttons

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
FrozenTundraDJ

I have a fixture that does not have a dimmer channel, only RGBW channels.
I opted to have a loopback page that has a frame with a submaster to control the output levels of all of the scenes and chases and this is working great.
However, my controls are dispersed on my main console page, so I have a button that is triggered by a pad on my midi controller that triggers a scene that sends loopback channel ## to 255 which triggers the button that is linked to the actual scene/chaser.
My problem is that it seems that I need to hit the visible button multiple times to get it to actually toggle the "real" button.

You can take a look at my workspace in this commit.
https://gitlab.com/frozentundraentertai ... 9fc9f7392e
It is the 2024.01.16 workspace and the RSQ3 (Rotosphere Q3) fixture.
MichelSliepenbeek

so I have a button that is triggered by a pad on my midi controller that triggers a scene that sends loopback channel ## to 255 which triggers the button that is linked to the actual scene/chaser.
It took me a whlie to find out which button triggers which scene that .........
I assume that what you were trying to say is:
so I have a button (RSQ3 Party) that is triggered by a pad on my midi controller that triggers a scene (1.023 - RSQ3 Party Mode) that sends loopback channel ## (23) to 255 which triggers the button (1.023 - RSQ3 Party Mode) that is linked to the actual scene/chaser (RSQ3 - Full [Forward-Random]).
Create a sequence, set it to "run Once" and add two steps to it.
Set the Run Time of both Steps to 60 ms.
In step 1 you set channel 23 to 0 in step 2 you set channel to 255.

If you use this Sequence instead of your scene 1.023 - RSQ3 Party Mode, it will work.
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
FrozenTundraDJ

Haha, yes, I suppose I could have been a bit more clear on that, but you figured it out.
Quite the VC isn't it?

I did try the sequence, but the issue I ran into with that was the visible button (RSQ3 Party) did not stay lit after the sequence completed it's single shot.
In that case, I could not easily tell which chase was actually running, if any at all.