2D Visualization Issues

The issues found when using the Function Manager panel
sandinak

These two issues aren't critical .. but if they've not been addressed in 5.x; might be worth considering.
  • I have some cheaper moving head wash lights that use the Intensity channel for both Intensity (0-127) and Strobe (128-255). To allow normal fades to work I used the Channels Fade Configuration and created a setting that changes the intensity from 0-255 to 0-127, and things look great on stage. However in the 2D DMX Monitor, the icons for the same lights don't show at full brightness but only show a visual level matching the DMX value.
  • On a similar issue, Spots with color wheels only show White, not the color as set by the wheel. I know this one is harder as it would depend on the fixture developer being consistent with color names; but would be worth while displaying the actual color if possible.
Given this is a "monitor" I see why the code does that, but it means that when designing and testing scenes, RGBMatrix and Collections; it doesn't show what's actually projected on stage. I am hoping we can consider the difference between "DMX View" having actual values .. and "2D View" having interpreted values that reflect what you'd see on stage. Thoughts?

Here's an example of said display where all the "Washes" should be Red and the Spots ( white ) should be Yellow:
Screenshot 2024-01-21 at 15.56.46.png
This is QLC+ 4.12.7 running on an iMac with 3.8Ghz and 128G of memory outputting via ArtNet.