Firmware Up Grades Giving Trouble

Request a fixture definition here
BrianBoru

Can a fixture Firmware Update give an issue with a Fixture Profile?
I was told that perhaps the reason my personal created Fixture Profile wasn't working was because it needed a firmware update and other profiles I created have worked for my other profiles.
janosvitok

Yes, firmware update may change DMX profile, and then you'll need to update fixture definition.
To make sure, compare manuals for both firmware version and/or changelog.

If you tell us exact make/model and respective firmware versions, maybe someone will chime in with more info.

Jano
BrianBoru

Its just that I have 5 fixtures that I can't get the profile working for:
- Intimidator Spot 110 - Current Firmware Version: v101.
- Equinox Fusion Spot Max (Original Version I think) - Current Firmware Version: v12.
- Pulse Aluminium/Chrome 151 LED Part 56 I think - These don't have digital displays only dip switches.
- Unbranded Slim 18 LED Par Can (Plastic) - No Firmwear Option.
- Stairville 151 LED Par 56 I think - These don't have digital displays only dip switches.

I have built profiles for these using what I believe to be their manual but nothing has worked.

I built a UKing Mini Spot & a HQ Power UV Bar and they both worked so not sure why it isn't working.

Any pointers would be invaluable.
Last edited by BrianBoru on Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
janosvitok

I see that Intimidator Spot has two modes - 6 and 12 channels. Fixture in QLC+ must match the mode that is set on the fixture.
I suppose that fixture addresses match.

You may use faders in the Simple Desk to check what each channel does. Don't forget to cllick the red X when you done, otherwise the values from Simple Desk will override everything else.

You may start with one fixture on address 1, with other fixtures disconnected. When it works, connect the next problematic one, etc. Then connect two of them, three, etc.

Jano
BrianBoru

Yes, all modes and addresses on the Profile were also set to be correct on the fixture but it still didn't work