Playback mode for sliders

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
kproth

I was trying to re-create the slider->button solution in this post, but without the extra scene/fixture/loopback universe. But I'm having problems getting it to work twice in a row.

Any one slider seems to react as I'd expect -- if I send it a level of 255 (MIDI 127), the slider moves to the top, the associated function turns on, and the associated button also lights up (orange). And if I move it partway up or down later (i.e. with the mouse, or by clicking on it to turn the slider handle red and then arrow up/down), it adjusts things as expected, and it turns off if I drag it all the way down. But if I turn it off by clicking the associated button, or raising another slider in slider mix mode, I can't get it to turn back on by sending it the same 255 level. The *slider* does jump to the top, but the associated function doesn't re-activate. I can replicate without the MIDI trigger, by clicking on the slider handle and then pressing the "End" key on my keyboard to jump it directly to 255.

Is this a bug? Or am I doing something wrong with this?
Attachments
Cube-test.qxw
(20.99 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
FScott

I'm seeing very similar behavior in that sometimes the sliders will activate the associated button and other times they don't. It's very hit and miss on version 4.12.6.

I'm trying to get the same functionality where I can send the same osc call over and over and the scene stays on instead of toggling on and off.
kproth

FScott wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:41 pm I'm trying to get the same functionality where I can send the same osc call over and over and the scene stays on instead of toggling on and off.
If you’re using a windows platform or willing to build from code, you might consider the new external input options I coded in a custom fork and mentioned here: viewtopic.php?p=71047#p71047

If this meets your need, could you post a comment back here?