Some parts of the style are not editable?

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
NukeTheFox

Hello everyone, it's done!
I've just finished the GrandMA2 Theme for QLC+.
QLCplus_GrandMA2.png
The problem I had the other day was just... I was not working with the latest build :oops: .
Now everything looks good, thanks Massimo and everybody who helped!

Find it on my GitHub https://github.com/Nukethefox/QLCplus-M ... sStyle.qss
or download it here!
qlcplusStyle.zip
(1.39 KiB) Downloaded 333 times
filipek.o

Hey how to install you stylesheet on Mac?
mcallegari

filipek.o wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:02 pm Hey how to install you stylesheet on Mac?
https://docs.qlcplus.org/v4/advanced/custom-ui-style
NukeTheFox wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:48 pm The problem I had the other day was just... I was not working with the latest build :oops: .
Now everything looks good, thanks Massimo and everybody who helped!
Are there other areas that should be handled with custom styles?
filipek.o

somehow on m1 it doesn't work :/
rajones203

Nice work. Any luck getting the sliders in the Scene Editor to change? I had been messing with it in the past before you did your theme and gave up. Can't remember the specific UI those live in. And the Frame Properties, I could never get to change in the Virtual Console.
______

Russell Jones
TV Professional - EVS, Producer/Director
Lighting Hobbyist
rajones203@gmail.com
Yestalgia

rajones203 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:12 pm Nice work. Any luck getting the sliders in the Scene Editor to change? I had been messing with it in the past before you did your theme and gave up. Can't remember the specific UI those live in. And the Frame Properties, I could never get to change in the Virtual Console.
I took a look at the code and indeed it looks as though there is a custom stylesheet for those sliders. If I have time I'll try to have a look.
mcallegari

rajones203 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:12 pm Nice work. Any luck getting the sliders in the Scene Editor to change? I had been messing with it in the past before you did your theme and gave up. Can't remember the specific UI those live in. And the Frame Properties, I could never get to change in the Virtual Console.
I'm working on it.
Will probably push the changes later today
mcallegari

I've pushed some more changes and improved the style caching at startup
Here's the updated style with new component keywords
Attachments
qlcplusStyle.qss.zip
(1.77 KiB) Downloaded 291 times
NukeTheFox

I forgot to mention here two weeks ago that I changed some things on my theme just some days after sending it. I've been busy haha. I did update it on GitHub but forgot to send it here.

I will add the new component keywords to my new stylesheet and change them according to the colors in MA. Then I will send it here later today.

I can also make a list with the few areas that are still missing, in case someone wants to spend more time with it.
NukeTheFox

Hello again, now this is the actual stylesheet, with the changes I made two weeks ago, and the faders.
qlcplusStyle.zip
(1.66 KiB) Downloaded 304 times
rajones203

@ Andreu and Massimo:

This has been fun! I have 0.0 programming experience, but your willingness to share has gained me a lot of knowledge. I now understand how and where the widgets are "Hard Coded".

To learn, I was looking at the changes in the simpleconsole.cpp, and wanted the same look on my VCSliders, so I kind of repeated the logic into the VCSlider.cpp, and used "VC_SLIDER" as its name in the stylesheet.

Is this the right idea? It built, installed, and looks fine. I want to help, but as a newbie, I want to step lightly with offering too much help diving into code!

and I assume the submaster wll remain the same as it sits. I did not change anything there, only added to the code. I thought instead of just requesting you do yet another little thing Massimo, I would teach myself how to get to the water and drink for a change!

Thank you for helping me learn.
Attachments
Screenshot_20231201_231812.jpg
______

Russell Jones
Lighting Hobbyist
rajones203@gmail.com
NukeTheFox

@ rajones203 I don't know about the cpp, probably massimo will. Those faders look amazing!
rajones203

I tested a modification where the playback, level, and sub master sliders have their own colors.

The only thing I can’t quite figure out is the frame properties. Thanks for the compliment. I’ll share some photos later of my experiments. My favorite one so far is a mod to the checkboxes in the scene editor to see which channels are being recorded more easily. I think I accidentally ripped it for v5. You guys can judge.
Attachments
Screenshot_20231208_013324.png
Screenshot_20231208_013221.png
Screenshot_20231208_013221.png (9.4 KiB) Viewed 7074 times
______

Russell Jones
Lighting Hobbyist
rajones203@gmail.com
sbenejam

I'm testing the qlcplusStyle.qss and I found some issues in the button properties -> Button Mode the RadioButtons are not much visible. Selected RadioButtons are not much visible when are selected , the Force LTP and Override priority when selected are not visible too . They should be seen as the RadioButtons of the Sliders Properties. I tried to modify the qlcplusStyle.qss but I don't get the desired results.
How can I modify this styles?.
Screenshot_20231208_110723.png
Screenshot_20231208_110750.png
NukeTheFox

Yeah, I also noticed this problem with the radio buttons and checkboxes @sbenejam. I think they are something like "differently hardcoded along QLC+" if that makes sense. Also, I'd like to point out that the "Frame Properties Dialog Window" is literally ignoring anything you put on the qss file.
frame_style.png
Also @rajones203, loving that checkbox modification.
NukeTheFox

mcallegari wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:55 am Are there other areas that should be handled with custom styles?
I've created a list of issues in my GitHub from the current status of the theme. It will be easier to track all the missing parts.

https://github.com/Nukethefox/QLCplus-MA2theme/issues
DenkyTuna

Hi all,
Much attractive work!
So is there any ways to customize images of icons? (such as "floppy disk" icon for saving, "light bulb" icons, etc...)
Are they hard-coded? Does anyone (or Massimo) know?

Thanks in advance.
mcallegari

DenkyTuna wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:42 am So is there any ways to customize images of icons? (such as "floppy disk" icon for saving, "light bulb" icons, etc...)
They're hardcoded. No chance to change them right now
Yestalgia

DenkyTuna wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:42 am Hi all,
Much attractive work!
So is there any ways to customize images of icons? (such as "floppy disk" icon for saving, "light bulb" icons, etc...)

Thanks in advance.
I'm working on an Icon rework for v5 if you'd interested. If it's something the community would like to see in V4 I'm happy to make some PNGs.
https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus/pull/1410/files