How to combine audio triggers?!

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
whimofnature

Hi,
I am new to QLC, I think I get the idea of scenes, sequences etc. now.
However, I have a setup where a spectrum triggers several laser scenes, based on audio thresholds.
I want to incorporate more variety now, the simplest setup of my needs is the following example:
- A red laser is constantly triggered by an audio spectrum trigger.
- Then there shall be a total volume threshold trigger, which changes the red laser to a green laser.
I am totally lost how to do this.
Any ideas much appreciated.
Br,
Me
GGGss

Welcome to the forum,

It might be essential to know how the channels of your laser work before we can give you options ...
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
whimofnature

There are three channels for each laser color. Value 0 means laser is off, 1-255 means laser is turned on.

My question is more a general question:
If I use audio spectrum triggers, it looks like I can only trigger a certain element (scene, script, sequence).
This is nice, because with this you have these direct fast visual responses to the music.
But I didn't find any way to use a second spectrum trigger to change what the first trigger is triggering.

As a first milestone I thought it would be nice if the laser flashes to low frequencies.
Additionally the laser color shall change on very loud volumes.
GGGss

Did you try to add a second audio widget? This would be the most obvious solution ;-)
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
whimofnature

Let's say one audio trigger is triggering a scene above a certain threshold.
How do I get another audio trigger to switch the channel/scene/color for the other trigger?
Last edited by whimofnature on Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GGGss

You could work with a chaser where every step is a scene. With your 2nd audio trigger you give the chaser a 'go' command (next). Select 'function' inside the audio widget. (You will need a loopback channel for this.)
Now you need to have control over the content of the chaser. Place it inside a frame. Have the frame en-/disabled by your 1st audio trigger. Select VC Widget and select the frame. (You also need a loopback channel for this to work.)
The Loopback Magic is a little bit complexer but we can help if needed.
whimofnature

Oh, wow. I played around a bit and have a working prototype with a cue list widget + loopbacks.
Thanks alot!