QLC+ 5 Highlight Feature Feedback

Ask a question related to the QLC+ 5.x usage here.
Provide as much details as you can, especially what you would like to achieve and if available, a sample workspace of your work in progress
Yestalgia

Hey Massimo,

Nice work on the highlight feature, it's been much anticipated. Knowing the little that I do about the QLC+ codebase, I understand that what I'm asking for isn't trivial but I must ask anyway.

The scenario I find highlighting fixtures most helpful for is to create/modify position scenes.

Feedback 1:
Previously, in V4; the approach I used was to manually "highlight" the fixtures I needed using channels groups on the Simple Desk. I then create scenes where I will modify/store the position information only. (This means I don't need to select/deselect shutter/intensity/colour every time)
In V5, I'm hoping that the workflow will look something like: Select fixtures, highlight, move (maybe change the focus if I'm feeling fancy) , dump to scene with only the additionally modified channels available to store.

From a design perspective, the "Highlight" feature would not be considered when dumping to a scene. (I get why that might be tricky)

Feedback 2:
Just as we can highlight a fixture, we should also be able to un-highlight a fixture. This is especially important for RGB fixtures which need to be reset if we highlight them.

Feedback 3:
(I'm annoying I know) Can we have a flashing square around the fixtures which are highlighted? Or some other visual feedback?

Big congrats again on V5 Beta 3!

Cheers,
Lachie