Disable all Frames

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
Talon1509

Hello everyone,

I'm using QLC+ 4 to control LED tubes in a band setting using the virtual console. The functions are triggered via midi using a DAW and a virtual midi port. To use the same midi notes for different songs (otherwise I have to use way to many notes and/or midi channels), the function triggers are organized in frames for each song. So at the beginning of a song the frame will be enabled and at the end of the song disabled. Each frame can be enabled/disabled via a different midi note.
The problem is, when two frames are enabled at once, functions for different songs will be triggered simultaneously. Usually this should not happen but can occur if we don't have time between the soundcheck and the real show and I cannot check if all frames are disabled previous to the show. So I'm looking for a midi triggered way to set the virtual console to default at the beginning.

Is there a way to disable all frames at once? It looks like it is only possible to disable the frame when it is enabled. The frames that are already disabled should stay disabled.
MichelSliepenbeek

Instead off enabling and disabling Frames, you could make use of a Multi Page Frame.
The logic in QLC is that only the page that "is on top" is active (read: enabled), all other pages are inactive (disabled).

If you look at the manual: https://docs.qlcplus.org/v4/virtual-console/frame ,
you will find that apart from Previous and Next Butttons, there is also the option called "Page shortcuts". This can be used to jump directly to a specific page.

If you create a specific page for each song and give each page its own short cut (External Control, read: Midi Note) you can assure from your DAW that QLC will always be on the right page (and that all other pages are disabled).
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
Talon1509

Thanks a lot, I already tried that. But I had the issue, that only one Page was triggered. Is that a Bug and it should work like this?