Magic 3D Easy View

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
yokosuna

Hi out there,

wonder how to enable ArtNet for Magic 3D Easy View ...

Thx.
GGGss

Universe x -> output Artnet ->
If on the same machine: unicast to 127.0.0.1
if on other machine: unicast to 192.168.x.y depending on your network settings.
Do not use wifi (or at least not for complex things)

Debugging through network sniffing looking for packets in the other machine. If you get a stream (when something is going on in QLC+) of UDP packets - you are good.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
yokosuna

Thx for your quick response,

my fault, wanted to know how to enable ArtNet _IN_ Magic 3D Easy View ... the QLC+ part is not of any problem... ;-)
Searching the internet, I can only find some saying, you have to use a Nicolaudie USB dongle to enable ArtNet in Magic 3D Easy View ...is it true ?

Thx
andres robles

Hello,
You don't need any hardware, the old easyview versions have the art-net locked, more modern versions ask you how to connect .... artnet, ect .....
Do not use the version of easyview included in the "suite" of sunlite, daslite ect ... look for easyview 3D as the only program .....
I think that versions from 2007 onwards can be used by art-net

I can share my copy of easyview with art-net enabled, but it shouldn't be difficult to find it on the web ....
yokosuna

Well, seems that I´m too stupid to found a version on the internet. So sharing would be greatly appreciated.
andres robles

Pass me your email by private and I send it to you by dropbox, the file is too big to share here, or I don't know the form ....
You are not stupid, look for the download link and I did not find it, maybe it is no longer ..... ;)
yokosuna

managed it - thumbs up -thx alot
DJChris1234

Does anyone have a link to the download, the only download I can seem to find is from freestyler

Cheers
mixzies

andres robles wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:46 pm Pass me your email by private and I send it to you by dropbox, the file is too big to share here, or I don't know the form ....
You are not stupid, look for the download link and I did not find it, maybe it is no longer ..... ;)
Hallo,

Können sie mir auch den Link schicken wo Magic 3d easy View noch mit aktivierten Artnet funktioniert ?

manfred.ziesemer@googlemail.com

freundliche grüße aus Rheine sendet ihnen
Manfred Ziesemer
LLO62

Hello all,
I was reading the above thread of posts related to Magic 3D Easyview because I am interested in using it via Art-Net.
I am arriving to QLC+ coming from other software where there are plug-ins allowing the use of this visualizer; I have a number of show already prepared into it and it would be very good to have the opportunity to re-use them via QLC+.
Is anybody willing to spend a bit of time explaining how to put together the two (my copy of magic 3d has the Art Net button grayed, so not selectable)...
Many thanks
Luca
joopklepzeiker

I struggled quite some time on getting the Art-Net to work on ALL my computers. On some it did work right away, on other: no luck. What seemed to be the problem: multiple network interfaces! When I disabled my VMWare virtual network interfaces (and therefore had a system with just one network interface), I was able to use Art-Net in Magic 3D Easy View.

So: make sure your computer has only one (enabled) network interface, and you should be able to use Art-Net.
Ubiracy

@andres robles,Pass me your email by private and I send it to you by dropbox, the file is too big to share here, or I don't know the form ....

Please could you email me the version of the 3D view that works on artnet without using an interface:
thank you.
GGGss

Welcome to the forum,

You know this is quite an old thread?
And you know you can quote people to get their attention?
Ubiracy wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:48 pm @andres robles,Pass me your email by private and I send it to you by dropbox, the file is too big to share here, or I don't know the form ....

Please could you email me the version of the 3D view that works on artnet without using an interface:
thank you.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
andres robles

SeanBannister

There's also an official download link at https://nicolaudie.com/downloads/files/Magic.exe

Note that "Easy View 2" or "Easy View Connect" (Version 2 of this software) doesn't support ArtNet input so you need to use version 1.

I wrote a bit of a post going over everything I learnt trying to set this up with QLC+ and SoundSwitch:
https://www.reddit.com/r/lightingdesign ... _with_any/
heitor123

Can anyone help me I can't use art net in 3d magic view I can only use sand net what do I have to do to work art net to use with qlc plusvbvb
Yestalgia

Use QLC+ 5 and help us make it better instead.