Audio Trigger

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
gilbertv

I All,

I played around a lot with the Audio Trigger in VC. I kind of get the hang of it by now but I still can't find a way to activate the Widget from a key combination nor from a function.
The only way I could find to activate and deactivate it is by using the mouse on the check box wich I don't realy want to do because I use an external keyboard to trigger a serie
of collections. The actual Laptop is not easely accessible. Most of all I want to include it in some of my collections wich are activated by HotKeys.
Is there a trick to activate it from the Keyboard, like the other widget ?

Regards
Gilbert
MichelSliepenbeek

If you go (from the Triggers Tab) to the Input Tab of the AudioTrigger widget, you can assign an External Input to turn the widget On or Off.
This can be a Hot key or a Button from a midi controller.

If you are familiar with LoopBack, you can also create a scene (or Sequence) that turns the AudioTrigger On and Off.
Now you can launch this Scene/Sequence with a Button somewhere else on your Virtual Console, but you can also add this scene to a collection, or use this scene as a step on a cue list or in a script.

See attached example.

What you need to know to understand this example:
- Use a separate Universe for your LoopBack "Fixtures" (in this example Universe 3).
- Use an Input Profile (attached QXI File, you should put this in your QLC User Lib).
- you can use a scene, but it is my experience that a (Low - High) Sequence is more reliable.
- the On / Off indicator is actually a two-page-frame, with two labels that cover the entire frame (you can reduce the size ot the labels, to unveal the underlying frame).
Attachments
Audio trigger by Loopback.qxw
(6.25 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
Loopback-AudioTrigger.qxi
(421 Bytes) Downloaded 30 times
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"