Behringer X32 Input Profile

This is a place for sharing with the community the results you achieved with QLC+, as a sort of use case collection.
You can share photos, videos, personal hardware/software projects, interesting HOWTO that might help other users to achieve great results.
lighthacker2020

Here's an input profile I created based on the Behringer X32 mixer's MIDI implementation for firmware v2.0 and above, including some "hidden" capabilities which are used if you have installed the X-Live add on card. (The X-Live MIDI settings are undocumented by Behringer, best I can tell .. but their documentation is usually trash and out of date anyway)

According to the mixer MIDI documentation, the CC messages for the Mute Groups, Channel Mutes, Channel Faders, and Channel Pan support RX and TX, so they could be used in the feedback channel for a QLC+ universe

Enjoy,

Mike
Attachments
Behringer-X32.qxi
(103.13 KiB) Downloaded 156 times
lighthacker2020

Update to the X32 input profile. Added custom feedback settings for the Program Change messages (they're the ones that load Scenes, Snippets, and Cues). Not having them in the profile means that people would need to set them on each widget in the workspace (eww!) ... this should hopefully make using this a lot easier

Enjoy!

Mike
Attachments
Behringer-X32.qxi
(136.57 KiB) Downloaded 206 times
robsidle

Is there a way to subscribe to the meter levels?
GGGss

robsidle wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:56 am Is there a way to subscribe to the meter levels?
You want what? Set a value to a level meter? I hope you get the idea that the X32 is 'abused' here to be a light desk now, controlling the controls inside QLC+ VC?
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
crispy71

GGGss wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:17 am You want what? Set a value to a level meter? I hope you get the idea that the X32 is 'abused' here to be a light desk now, controlling the controls inside QLC+ VC?
I think the idea is that different meter values (reading, not setting them!) could control cue changes. Like e.g. „when the guitar is above -10dB, put a spotlight on the guitar player“. Thats actually pretty smart, I would like to do exactly this, too!

Cheers,
Crispy
MichelSliepenbeek

The Input Profile provided in this thread only has a meaning when you want to use the X32 as a Midi Controller for QLC (so basically to control the Sliders on your Virtual Console with the physical sliders of your X32).

What you want is to use your X32 as an Audio Input Device for QLC (see on line manual: https://docs.qlcplus.org/v4/input-output/audio) and then connect it to the AudioTrigger widget on your VC (see on line manual: https://docs.qlcplus.org/v4/virtual-con ... o-triggers).

On Windows you then need to install the ASIO driver for your Behringer X32 (see: "6.2 Configuring the PC to Interface with the X-USB card" of the Behringer X32 Manual https://mediadl.musictribe.com/media/sy ... 545886.pdf).

So far it looks like it can be done, but the problem is that QLC can handle only one Audio Device for Input (read this as: "only one channel from your X32"). You might get it to work for your Guitar Player (if you can isolate the specific channel in your X32 setup), but you cannot do the same for your Drummer and/or Bass Player as well.

Another thing would be the Fine Tuning of this: if your Guitar player has short silences in the middle of a solo, he will be in the dark.
The audience will find this very confusing.

The only practical use i can see, is to put the Audiotrigger on the Kick Drum (for instance with a "four on the Floor" disco beat).
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
crispy71

I see - only one channel is indeed a problem. The main idea was to take benefit of the different channels. Aaaand I just realized that my wishful thinking mislead me: I am actually talking about the XR18, not the X32. 🤦‍♂️

I will go through the documentation you sent
me, maybe I can find a solution. Thanks for the quick response and merry Christmas!

Crispy