DMXKing UltraDMX MAX not recognized

The issues found when using the Input/Output Manager panel
mcqueena

I just purchased the DMXKing UltraDMX MAX. Unfortunately it's not recognized by QLC+. I'm using Windows 11 with the latest version of QLC+. DMXKing says that it's using a serial port driver and this is being filtered out by QLC+. It doesn't show at all in the Input/Output manager. Is there a work around for this?
GGGss

ehhmm ... wait minute: is this your page? https://dmxprosales.com/collections/usb ... tradmx-max
Searching for you interface, I got this link: viewtopic.php?t=16562 which leads to this thread ...

Why do you promote a product that isn't supported? And in your text you state it is EntTec pro compatible? How does it list up in your device manager? Are the drivers correctly installed?
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
mcallegari

Support for MAX products have been added recently but not released yet.
You can download a TEST version and try it out
https://www.qlcplus.org/downloads/test/ ... ?p=Windows
HakanL

GGGss wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:25 am ehhmm ... wait minute: is this your page? https://dmxprosales.com/collections/usb ... tradmx-max
Searching for you interface, I got this link: viewtopic.php?t=16562 which leads to this thread ...

Why do you promote a product that isn't supported? And in your text you state it is EntTec pro compatible? How does it list up in your device manager? Are the drivers correctly installed?
DMX Pro Sales is my web site, we're the distributor for DMXking in US and CA. The UltraDMX MAX is using the Enttec Pro protocol, but because it's not using the FTDI chipset any more the USB serial port shows up as a CDC serial instead of FTDI (which also means you don't need any drivers, it's included in Windows, Mac, Linux, etc). But if a lighting software is filtering on the USB identifier then the software has to be modified to include the identifier of the new MAX products (which actually include all the MAX products, like the ultraDMX MAX, the eDMX1, eDMX2 and eDMX4 MAX, they all support USB now). FWIW @mcqueena bought the ultraDMX MAX from us, he told us he was going to post here to try to get support for the new ultraDMX MAX.
mcqueena

mcallegari wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:30 am Support for MAX products have been added recently but not released yet.
You can download a TEST version and try it out
https://www.qlcplus.org/downloads/test/ ... ?p=Windows
Just tested this tonight and this version works with the MAX adapter, but I noticed the blackout function no longer works. Not a big deal, but it would be nice to have.
allegro

Hi folks - I have the same adapter, but trying to use it on a Mac. Is there a way to get the 4.12.8 preview release for Mac? The MacOS test folder is empty.
mcallegari

I have uploaded a test version for mac too
BlandSauce

The test version USB DMX plugin works perfectly on my Win 10 desktop, but all other computers I've tried running it on (Win 7 laptop, Win 10 laptop, Win 11 desktop), the plugin does not appear in the output list and the following error appears in the log:
void IOPluginCache::load(const QDir&) "dmxusb.dll" doesn't contain an I/O plugin: "Cannot load library C:\\QLC+\\Plugins\\dmxusb.dll: The specified module could not be found."
And even when it's working, the following appears later in the log:
Loading USBDMX.DLL failed.
No idea if this is down to driver issues, hardware differences, or something else.
I'm able to use a python script to bridge ArtNet to USB, but wanted to report in case it's useful at all.
HakanL

If the ultraDMX MAX works in the DMXking Config Utility, or other lighting software, then your drivers are fine (since it just shows up as a serial port in your OS), and it's most likely an issue with QLC+.
mcqueena

Was this fix included in version 4.13.0? I just upgraded from the test version 4.12.8 preview to 4.13.0 and it doesn't seem to see the ultraDMX MAX now.
mcallegari

Have you upgraded the device to firmware v4.5+ as indicated here?
https://www.qlcplus.org/discover/compatibility