Change button to Go cue

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
Sekke

Hi all,

I'm currently programming a light installation and run into a little issue.
I want to program a button that triggers a one shot chase and starts a song at the same time.
This is very easy to do, but the problem is that when you press the button a second time it will trigger the off command and stops playing.

Is there a way to program a button that only gives a go command? so it can never be interrupted until the chase is done?

Thank you.
GGGss

Welcome to the forum,

Try using a script to start your chaser.
Use a collection to start multiple things at once.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Sekke

Hi,

Thank you for the quick respond. This almost solves my problem.
The only thing left is that when you press the button twice, it will start over when the first press cycle is finished.
Is their a way to ignore all button presses until the chase is done?
I tried playing around with wait, but then it turned off the chase when pressed a second time
MichelSliepenbeek

If you put the button that starts your script/chase in a separate (standard) frame, you can use the Enable/Disable button of the frame (Green "V" at the Top Right off the Frame).
Push the button and then disable your frame. Now it will not react to any inputs untill you enable the frame again.

If you are familiair with loopback you can disable the frame at the first step off your script and enable it again at the final step of your chaser.

As an alternative you could use a standard frame with 2 pages: on page 1 you put your button, on page 2 you put a label with a text like "Running".
At the first step off your script let your frame skip to page 2, while at the final step of your chaser you make it skip back to page 1.
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
Sekke

I'm trying to look into your advice, but I only have a few command I can use in my script (startfunction, stopfunction, wait)
Is there another manual available with more syntax for the script?

I think it will look like the following?
disable frame
Startfunction: "The collection I need"
Wait 3s "lenght of the chase"
enable frame
MichelSliepenbeek

If you open QLC and Click on the Functions Tab, you see all the Functions that you can start with Startfunction (and stop with Stopfunction).
So if you want a "disable frame" function you have to create it. You could use a Scene (or a Sequence, or .......).

You will find an example of how to skip pages on a multi page frame in this post: viewtopic.php?p=70234#p70234
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
MichelSliepenbeek

Have a look at the example overhere: viewtopic.php?p=71038#p71038