RGB Matrix & Black Out

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
pilotdan1985

New to this program and light programming in general here. I purchased some "U`King LED Moving Head Light 25W DJ Lights Stage Lighting with 8 GOBO 8 Color by DMX-512 and Sound Activtaed Control Spotlight" link here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072M ... UTF8&th=1

I couldn't find this fixture in the default ones provided by the program so I added my own using the editor. My question: Is this fixture able to work with the RGB matrix functions in QLC+? It has a color wheel and a gobo. Both work fine in scenes or the simple desk but I cant seem to get the color wheel to work inside the RGB matrix. I have other fixtures that aren't color wheels and they do work with the RGB matrix and I'm just wanting to make sure its not something I messed up inside the fixture editor.

Secondly, on this same fixture. (which is also why I'm guessing I messed something up in the fixture editor) Neither the blackout button or the GM slider are controlling this fixture. Both functions work with my other fixtures but not these ones. Any ideas why this may be?

Thanks

Dan
janosvitok

Can you post the fixture definition you have made?

Blackout and grand master require that the light have dimmer/intensity channel. Is it the one called "Linging" in the manual (channel #6/#8)? Mark it as Intensity in the definition and that should fix both blackout and GM.

The channel called dimming in the manual should most probably called strobe or shutter.

Regarding matrices, they only support RGB/CMY models. Only thing that may work is to set the mode to Dimmer, set color manually (e.g. using a scene) and let the matrix operate over dimmer channels.

Jano
MichelSliepenbeek

RGB matrices have different control modes.
Control mode Default(RGB) will not work on Moving Head Spots with a color Wheel. So the Color Changing effects are not available.

You can however use Control Mode = Dimmer for these Fixtures, so you can use Strobe, Fill Unfill, One by One, Snow or Bubbles, Noise, Propellor, .... and other Level Changing Effects.

That is, if you get your Fixture Definition right (you need to tell QLC where to find the Dimmer channel). :) :)
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
pilotdan1985

My definition is attached. I changed "linging" to "intesity". It seemed to fix the master/blackout issue. But, I'm still trying to figure out how to do work your suggestions into the RGB matrix... doesn't seem to work still. I am probably missing something here :)
Attachments
uking-gobo.qxf
(1.74 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
pilotdan1985

Also attached below is my program file. If anyone could provide some incite/ how to make the setup better here it would be much appreciated.
Attachments
Dan.qxw
(38.48 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
MichelSliepenbeek

Dan,

If the Definition of a Fixture is not yet available, you can go "the Hard Way" and build it all the way from scratch.

There is an easier way however: search for a Fixture that resembles yours (a moving head with a color wheel and a gobo wheel), copy it and only change what is different (make sure you also change Manufacturer and/or Model on the first tab).
If you go for another Fixture Model from the same Manufacturer there is a chance that even the DMX ranges for the Color and Gobo wheel are the same.

In your situation i would advise you to have a look at the "U King LED Spot Moving Head 100W", where the Gobo Wheel already is the same.

As Jano already stated: "Blackout and grand master require that the light have dimmer/intensity channel".
If you have more than one however, you will never know which one QLC will select.
So to stay in control, ensure that there is only one Intensity channel.
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"