RGB Script (HEX Colors)

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
FrozenTundraDJ

More and more lights are coming out in HEX variations with RGBAW support.
I would like to take advantage of the additional Amber and White LEDs in my RGB Scripts.
Yestalgia

You can use the Amber/White/UV/Dimmer modes for the RGB matrix.

But if you mean for colour mixing there's a big change to QLC+ needed to do that.
FrozenTundraDJ

Yes, I was hoping for color mixing. I've done a lot of research, and it looks like it is best if color mixing was in the HSV format vs RGBAW.
GGGss

FrozenTundraDJ wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:54 am in the HSV format vs RGBAW.
I agree with that but this needs a whole QLC+ engine review and all aspects where intensities come into play.
That would be a very huge rehaul in the code.
Next, all fixture definitions would also need adaptation (you need an indication of the color envelope a fixture has to convert HSV to native color emitters).
On the users' part, they will have to rethink the color triangle if I might call it that. Now it's simple: you want red: open intensity and play with the red channel. In a HSV model, you need to set a Hue, a saturation (unclear to the novice) and an intensity before red will be emitted... This is a huge change for the insight of a user.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
janosvitok

The user interface part is the easier one - usually you can choose in what model you want to specify the color (RGB/HSV/...), and the color is internally recomputed to whatever is needed.