External Command to Change E1.31 Priority to Swap Between QLC+ and Eos

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
TheatreTech

Hi everyone,

First of all, I cannot believe this software exists. Truly amazing that it has been developed as well as it has and contains so many features. I will absolutely be donating towards this effort.

Second, the issue at hand... this may be a very specific use case and not possible at all.

I would like to swap between using QLC+ and our ETC Eos Nomad on the fly using some sort of command, script, OSC message etc. but I am not sure how. They are on two separate computers. When both lighting consoles are connected to the same DMX/ethernet node IP address with the same priority, Eos is the only one that works. To get around this, I am manually changing the priority of our E1.31 connections in QLC+ between 99 (therefore Eos takes priority when we need to use it) and 101 (so QLC+ take priority).

The reason for this is simply because I am much quicker on an Eos when programming a show, which I need to do quite often, but QLC+ is a fantastic interface for allowing students to play with lighting and not get overwhelmed at the wall of black and yellow boxes and syntax. It would be great to swap between the two as necessary with a single button.

If you have any other suggestions to achieve the same thing, please let me know!
GGGss

Use the forward feature in QLC+. Configure your EOS to send E1.31 packets to the QLC+ computer and QLC+ will forward them to the final destination.
All that is played on top of the input channels, will be merged.
Not exactly whet you want to achieve, but a workaround?
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore