Over a short amount of time, scene triggers FADE OUT

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
adventusfilms

I can't seem to find any rhyme or reason to why or when but my scenes, which are pretty simple par color flashes, will eventually all, one by one, turn into fade out scenes. So in other words, I'll program them as a flash on/off and eventually they will turn into a flash on/fade out by themselves. Very bazaar.
Last edited by adventusfilms on Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
GGGss

Welcome to the forum Chris,

For me, even your description is bizarre.
Let's go step by step. You are talking about flash scenes. So you have scenes in place. Did you add any timing to the scene itself?
On VirtualConsole a button set to flash does not change itself to toggle ... so I'm in the dark here...
Please elaborate - or even better: send in your project, so we can check.
There sure will be a logic behind what you are seeing ;-)
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
adventusfilms

File attached
Attachments
1. QLC - Live Set Sep15.qxw
(60.88 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
Last edited by adventusfilms on Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
GGGss

Interesting ...
I based my case only on PAR 3 White scene and chaser.
I altered your project a little bit and added this chaser to your VC. (Just to check what is going on).
Because you reused the Par 3 WHITE scene with your flash button __and__ in your chaser, the internal logic of QLC+ makes that your single shot chaser isn't reset.
(You can see the chaser being stuck on the last step and you could imagine that your chaser is reset by pressing the flash button again - but there is no visual indication...)
(I don't know if this is an unwanted feature)...

Solution: create a clone for your flash scenes.
Attachments
1. QLC - Live Set Sep15.qxw
(61.25 KiB) Downloaded 185 times
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
adventusfilms

Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot. I'm not sure what you mean by creating a clone for the flash scenes though. I'm still at a loss for what to do to fix the issue.
adventusfilms

Actually I think I know what you're saying now - do you mean clone each scene that I'm using in a chaser and use those exclusively for chasers?
GGGss

adventusfilms wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:53 am Actually I think I know what you're saying now - do you mean clone each scene that I'm using in a chaser and use those exclusively for chasers?
Yes,

If you reuse scenes in different places, they influence each other.
So clone your flash scenes, and use the clones outside of your chasers...