Anyma DMX on Windows

A place where updates of QLC+ activities and technical articles are posted as if it was a blog
mcallegari

While working on another topic, I reworked a bit the udmx plugin, which is the one needed to support Anyma DMX (and clones) devices on QLC+.
Basically I found that with a minimum effort I could have the same code working on Linux and Windows (and hopefully macOS...which is the reason of this whole task)

Windows doesn't give you full access to USB devices unless they are recognized/certified devices with a driver.
So when you plug an Anyma device in, Windows will map it as an unusable COM port.
Luckily, there is a tool called Zadig (download here) which can fix USB mess for you.
You just need to download it, run it (no installation is required), select the Anyma device and replace the serial driver that Windows installed.
See screenshot
zadig_udmx_windows.png
Wait a few long seconds and that's it!
After this magic and with a patched QLC+ version, you will have uDMX working on Windows too!

For those interested in make some tests, Windows test version 4.12.5.108 includes the necessary changes
GGGss

Thank you Massimo,
Yesterday I seriously was struggling with unresponsive touch screens (3) when a device was connected.
With the help of Zadig I now get a clear overview of what is going on. Windows messed up with USB hubs and not connected devices.
ScreenHunter_34 Jan. 07 09.44.png
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
markzvo

Just tried this on Windows 11 Pro and can confirm this tool works to bring a cheap $10 USB DMX adapter to a working state in QLC+ ! :)